General Chat

Stevo985

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Kids nowadays will never know the nervousness of putting black socks over your trainers or holding a random girls hand to try and get in a place, do they even queue anymore? Can remember nights of queuing for near an hour to get in terrible Kidderminster night clubs 

In the queue at the Dome, desperately trying to get chatting to some women so it looks as though we were in the same group! 

10 hours ago, blandy said:

Nightclub names is a weird one, I think.

I mean loads of clubs had/have names like Snobs, Scruples, Squires, Cinderellas. Rockerfellas, The Ritz, Secrets, etc. - trying to appear "upmarket" or exclusive, but were just sticky carpeted pits

Thats why I like Tramps. It does what it says on the tin!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

The thought of queuing to get into a place now makes me laugh. 

I hate queueing to buy a drink.

You go on a night out with your mates to drink and chat. I can’t be doing with fighting for 20 minutes to buy a drink. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

You go on a night out with your mates to drink and chat. I can’t be doing with fighting for 20 minutes to buy a drink. 

One of the positives of covid. Table or app service. I hope we keep that. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I hate it as well. 2 bar staff and its three deep at the bar. Ruins the night. 

• Like 1

It’s funny how, in my (and by the sounds of it most people’s) early going out days, queuing up seems like it was almost a stamp of approval that the venue was good. I certainly would have taken it to mean that anyway. Now it’s a sure sign that it’s a place to avoid.

I can remember queuing up for cheeky monkeys/blast off at the W’ton civic hall and to a lesser extent the Carling academy in Brum. They’re probably the only examples of the queuing up being worth it. Just about.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s funny how, in my (and by the sounds of it most people’s) early going out days, queuing up seems like it was almost a stamp of approval that the venue was good. I certainly would have taken it to mean that anyway. Now it’s a sure sign that it’s a place to avoid.

I can remember queuing up for cheeky monkeys/blast off at the W’ton civic hall and to a lesser extent the Carling academy in Brum. They’re probably the only examples of the queuing up being worth it. Just about.

Blast off was worth it at its prime. Loved that place. 

• Like 1

I think in know the answer already but to clubs still have a half hour break where they play nonsense music? 

Back in the day there would be a break from the proper music and they would do The Timewarp, Grease medley, oops upside your head etc. 

I'm not sure if I'm getting confused with purely student nights, I'm pretty sure they did it on weekend nights too. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I queued up to get in Atlantis in Wolvo

The shame. 

Plus someone tried to punch me later that night in the club.

Welcome to Wolverhampton. 

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever dressed up to go to a club since it was legal for me to enter them. Any club that had a dress code wasn't somewhere I was interested in

I've queued a little bit to get in but rarely. SOmetimes you used to have to get into the Everyman Bistro mid-evening at weekends and very rarely in the Casa but apart from that I generally arrived too late for queuing, arrived with people who didn't have to queue and then became someone who didn't have to queue. Then I stopped going clubbling because I no longer owned one and had no interest

46 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Blast off was worth it at its prime. Loved that place. 

I think it was the weekends between 2005 and 2010 we’d be found there. The back bar where they played the more retro stuff was really good. I think we caught the tail end of it really, wasn’t long after they stopped holding it altogether. I can remember the queues not being as long as the years went by.

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

I queued up to get in Atlantis in Wolvo

The shame. 

Plus someone tried to punch me later that night in the club.

Welcome to Wolverhampton. 

Yes, Atlantis, and later Oceana (and even later than that “Faces” or as my mate referred to it “Faeces”). Literally queued round the block for that place on more than one occasion. Dreadful. We spent most of the time in the “cheesy room” upstairs.

We should have headed out to Brum or Shrewsbury more often than we did. Just convenient I guess, if the night went awry, walking home from the centre of Wolverhampton was a viable, if unappealing, option.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2021 at 20:54, Demitri_C said:

Do these things even exist?? I have never seen one anywhere 

I give up

20210310_204957.jpg

I'll save you one next time I get a secret supply

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Going back to these guys:

0_Four-Lads-in-Jeans-meme-from-trolling-

Are there no longer ANY dress restrictions in clubs? 

When I was a lad it had to be full suit and ties to get in. 

Then early 90s is became shoes and trousers, 90s footballer petrol green or electric blue sports jacket (or mustard yellow if you were insane) 

Then you could drop the jacket, but still needed trousers and shoes. 

But flippin eck.  Can you really go up town for a night out dressed like you're nipping out to Tesco? 

Sportswear has been "in" for a while now. If you're not wearing trainers in a club/bar you'll probably be in the minority.

Smart trainers I mean like the picture above

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Smart is probably the wrong word.

I mean trainers like this

23461230_xxl_a1.jpg

or this

4358900979.jpg

as opposed to this

17497938-7376731-Around_three_quarters_o

I only own the latter. I would probably rub dirt in the first pair just so I don't look like a word removed. 

• Like 1

Â