General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

My brain over the last 3 pages and/or anytime my wife is talking to me. 

I haven't seen this in about 20 years :D

This was the original crazy frog for me. It wasn't even a frog. It was just this sound. Way before they put a frog on it and turned it into a song and all that

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven't seen this in about 20 years :D

This was the original crazy frog for me. It wasn't even a frog. It was just this sound. Way before they put a frog on it and turned it into a song and all that

I hear it regularly. 4 year old grandson loves it. Bastard frog. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I hear it regularly. 4 year old grandson loves it. Bastard frog. 

The frog has made it one of the most annoying things of all time.

But that picture of the ferrari with the noise in the background was doing the rounds on websites like EBaums World and Break.com about 20 years ago

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The frog has made it one of the most annoying things of all time.

But that picture of the ferrari with the noise in the background was doing the rounds on websites like EBaums World and Break.com about 20 years ago

:lol:  

That's what made me thought of it.  I remember crying at that stupid car - gotta love youtube for all the long, lost "memes". 

• Like 1

Just heard (on Spotify) an ad for the loathsome Linkedin, in which they claimed it has "thirty million members in the UK". That's half the entire population! A blatant lie, surely? 

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Just heard (on Spotify) an ad for the loathsome Linkedin, in which they claimed it has "thirty million members in the UK". That's half the entire population! A blatant lie, surely? 

I know an awful lot of people who are signed up to it and it's been around for years so it wouldn't surprise me, active members though is another question. Of the connections I've got it seems about a quarter of them are active (I only open it every few weeks when I inevitably get a message from a random recruiter I've never spoken to before). 

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My last 2 companies both insisted on it as part of networking, create an account and go make contacts with potential clients and like loads of their posts

I use it for job hunting but it is becoming increasingly like work Facebook 

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It does sound like a lot, but then I remember that I have an account, I've just never used it. Maybe there's a huge pool of dormant accounts?

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

It does sound like a lot, but then I remember that I have an account, I've just never used it. Maybe there's a huge pool of dormant accounts?

They probably count all the accounts for businesses as well, not just people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They probably count all the accounts for businesses as well, not just people.

Yeah I was going to say this. 

Can divisions and offices within bigger companies also have their own account? 

I've not gone on it, I hear that you just get bombarded by recruitment firms fishing. 

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah I was going to say this. 

Can divisions and offices within bigger companies also have their own account? 

I've not gone on it, I hear that you just get bombarded by recruitment firms fishing. 

Yeah it's like facebook, anything can have an account really. So I assume it's counting all of them.

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

There’ll be a ton of duplicate and fake accounts as well as folks who’ve passed on too

What a horrible thought, that if I died one of the few things remaining of me (ignoring my son for now) would be my LinkedIn account. 

LinkedIn is by far the worst social media platform. Every other post is about how they did something for someone and it changed that persons life, maybe I should think about not being such a selfish bastard and more like them?

I have an account, only so I have plenty of connections if I need to find a job. I’ve never posted anything. 

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

LinkedIn is by far the worst social media platform. Every other post is about how they did something for someone and it changed that persons life, maybe I should think about not being such a selfish bastard and more like them?

I have an account, only so I have plenty of connections if I need to find a job. I’ve never posted anything. 

i dont post on it either but i have been caught by my current company strategically liking a few posts from other potential employers 

my place wants me to have a xing account too

• Shocked 1

No linkedin, It allowed colleagues to get chummy so I put an end to that. I have zero connections to colleagues online, that said a former colleague posts on here but I don’t know his username so it could be any of you arseholes. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

No linkedin, It allowed colleagues to get chummy so I put an end to that. I have zero connections to colleagues online, that said a former colleague posts on here but I don’t know his username so it could be any of you arseholes. 

I bet it’s that Steve chap born in 9/85

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It's horiffic. I know all social media is toxic, and things like Facebook are "worse". But LinkedIn is the biggest collection of bullshit on the planet.It's almost exclusively absolute bollocks posted by people pretending that they love their jobs and that their jobs are more important than they actually are.

I'm on it purely in case I ever want to move jobs. I don't think I've ever posted or interacted with anything or anyone on there

• Like 2

Â