Stevo985

General Chat

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is all six sausages in the pack too much for one fry up?

Like I care, I'm eating them

Always cook the full pack. If you can't manage them in one go, they're still nice cold the next day. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Always cook the full pack. If you can't manage them in one go, they're still nice cold the next day. 

I managed them all in the one meal but I concur. I like cold sausage butties

Its funny how I wouldn't dream of ordering 6 sausages in any form while eating out but at home you better believe they'll be finished like its nothing.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

Up until the last paragraph I suspected I knew the person!

Last para could be to throw people off the scent. Person I know switched from ‘Velma Dinkley’ scenarios to the moomin in scene.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Up until the last paragraph I suspected I knew the person!

Last para could be to throw people off the scent. Person I know switched from ‘Velma Dinkley’ scenarios to the moomin in scene.

I hope you weren’t thinking H preceded the number 29 were you 

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The Guardian Weekend magazine every Saturday has a column called "My Life in Sex", a rather tame "readers' confessions" feature. This week's has to be the best ever... 

Perplexed and doubtful? I bet they were...  

Screenshot_20191214_191805_com.android.chrome.jpg

That is Moomintroll, this is Moominpapa

latest?cb=20141226090307

You will note that Moominpapa's tail is more erect than Moomintroll's.

I'm sure the writer could entertain themselves with a Hattifattener now instead 

20_FeelisHelsinki__iso.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 13:34, bickster said:

Is all six sausages in the pack too much for one fry up?

Like I care, I'm eating them

Go vegan. 😁

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Go vegan. 😁

Do vogon  sausages come in 12 packs and do the lovely juices drip down your throat in the correct meaty death manner?

If so, I might give them a go 🤣

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do vogon  sausages come in 12 packs and do the lovely juices drip down your throat in the correct meaty death manner?

If so, I might give them a go 🤣

Happy to lie to you, yes they do 😁

Had trouble getting inhalers again last month - and the lady (manager) said I won't get the inhalers again till I go for an asthma checkup. I explained that I work on the mainland, and that I was away till the 14th. The only appointment available from the 16th till the 29th is 9:20am tomorrow. I am at work from 9.

I'll have no inhalers till mid January at the earliest, and we have a cold period coming up. Joy!

20191215_205532.jpg

Edited by avfcDJ

Watching the xfactor band show for the first time and it’s actually the final. They seem to have done the entire series in about 2 weeks and it shows.

Theres 2 rival bands, boy band and a girl band and the boy band in particular are absolutely atrocious.

Just looked on Twitter and it’s universal criticism of the band and the show. They finish and Nicole Scherzinger says how fantastic they are and they can rival (one of the biggest boy bands in the history of music) One Direction. 
The show has absolutely zero credibility.

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Had trouble getting inhalers again last month - and the lady (manager) said I won't get the inhalers again till I go for an asthma checkup. I explained that I work on the mainland, and that I was away till the 14th. The only appointment available from the 16th till the 29th is 9:20am tomorrow. I am at work from 9.

I'll have no inhalers till mid January at the earliest, and we have a cold period coming up. Joy!

20191215_205532.jpg

Why don’t you go to the doctors and then to work after?

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why don’t you go to the doctors and then to work after?

My office is 90mins from my house, and my doctors is 40 mins from my house (opposite direction). Working from home is a possibility but not till after Xmas, so I'll just have to wait. 

Obviously, prescribing inhalers solves this, but she already told me I can't have any more. I've had asthma for 30plus years, it's never been a problem before, only the past 18 months.

Edited by avfcDJ

7 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

My office is 90mins from my house, and my doctors is 40 mins from my house (opposite direction). Working from home is a possibility but not till after Xmas, so I'll just have to wait. 

Obviously, prescribing inhalers solves this, but she already told me I can't have any more. I've had asthma for 30plus years, it's never been a problem before, only the past 18 months.

I get my repeat prescription online (pharmacy2u), in theory I should have an appointment with the doctor every 2 years and it says on the prescription every time “review overdue”. However, they always approve the prescription and it comes in the post a few days later. Maybe have a look at getting the inhalers via someone like pharmacy2u?

14 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I think any pharmacy can approve 'emergency' medication. Get yourself down to the local chemists and ask to speak to the pharmacist. They should be able to help

Â