General Chat

Stevo985

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do vogon  sausages come in 12 packs and do the lovely juices drip down your throat in the correct meaty death manner?

If so, I might give them a go 🤣

Happy to lie to you, yes they do 😁

Had trouble getting inhalers again last month - and the lady (manager) said I won't get the inhalers again till I go for an asthma checkup. I explained that I work on the mainland, and that I was away till the 14th. The only appointment available from the 16th till the 29th is 9:20am tomorrow. I am at work from 9.

I'll have no inhalers till mid January at the earliest, and we have a cold period coming up. Joy!

20191215_205532.jpg

Edited by avfcDJ

Watching the xfactor band show for the first time and it’s actually the final. They seem to have done the entire series in about 2 weeks and it shows.

Theres 2 rival bands, boy band and a girl band and the boy band in particular are absolutely atrocious.

Just looked on Twitter and it’s universal criticism of the band and the show. They finish and Nicole Scherzinger says how fantastic they are and they can rival (one of the biggest boy bands in the history of music) One Direction. 
The show has absolutely zero credibility.

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Had trouble getting inhalers again last month - and the lady (manager) said I won't get the inhalers again till I go for an asthma checkup. I explained that I work on the mainland, and that I was away till the 14th. The only appointment available from the 16th till the 29th is 9:20am tomorrow. I am at work from 9.

I'll have no inhalers till mid January at the earliest, and we have a cold period coming up. Joy!

20191215_205532.jpg

Why don’t you go to the doctors and then to work after?

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why don’t you go to the doctors and then to work after?

My office is 90mins from my house, and my doctors is 40 mins from my house (opposite direction). Working from home is a possibility but not till after Xmas, so I'll just have to wait. 

Obviously, prescribing inhalers solves this, but she already told me I can't have any more. I've had asthma for 30plus years, it's never been a problem before, only the past 18 months.

Edited by avfcDJ

7 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

My office is 90mins from my house, and my doctors is 40 mins from my house (opposite direction). Working from home is a possibility but not till after Xmas, so I'll just have to wait. 

Obviously, prescribing inhalers solves this, but she already told me I can't have any more. I've had asthma for 30plus years, it's never been a problem before, only the past 18 months.

I get my repeat prescription online (pharmacy2u), in theory I should have an appointment with the doctor every 2 years and it says on the prescription every time “review overdue”. However, they always approve the prescription and it comes in the post a few days later. Maybe have a look at getting the inhalers via someone like pharmacy2u?

14 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I think any pharmacy can approve 'emergency' medication. Get yourself down to the local chemists and ask to speak to the pharmacist. They should be able to help

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I get my repeat prescription online (pharmacy2u), in theory I should have an appointment with the doctor every 2 years and it says on the prescription every time “review overdue”. However, they always approve the prescription and it comes in the post a few days later. Maybe have a look at getting the inhalers via someone like pharmacy2u?

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think any pharmacy can approve 'emergency' medication. Get yourself down to the local chemists and ask to speak to the pharmacist. They should be able to help

Will look into this. Cheers both 🙂

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

A mate was without his inhalers at a festival we were at. Called the nearest chemist and got some without prescription as they called his doctor. 

Yeah, gonna try the pharmacy. Although I have put a prescription request in online and will see if that gets accepted today.

Remember, these were the same doctors who left me to suffer a bad chest, ending with me collapsing because they refused to give me antibiotics and instead gave me a nose spray 😂

I think the NHS here is where the mainland will be in a hear or two. We are always the first to go downhill.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I am not on any social media at all. My mate said last night, so what do you read on the toilet? It's a fair point. He doesn't own a telly so I said what is the focal point of your living room. 

People who don't own TVs usually have a house full of books - which would solve the toilet reading issue. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

People who don't own TVs usually have a house full of books - which would solve the toilet reading issue. 

He doesn't have them either aside from Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab, which actually improves with every read. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every year at work, the supervisors staff and above get a Xmas bonus and a gift of some form of alcohol.

Every year some new member of staff does the crawly bumlick thing of thanking the board of directors

This year a newish member of staff managed to send his obsequious arse lick of an email to... The entire staff of the company.

Thus telling all the lower downs what we get (they don't get the bonus and a lesser gift), also telling the rest of us what an arse he us and proving to the very people that he's trying to impress what a tit he is.

Brightened up my day reading that this morning

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This year a newish member of staff managed to send his obsequious arse lick of an email to... The entire staff of the company.

Why do you allow a user account to send to the group of all users?

Â