General Chat

Stevo985

Sorry. I forgot to mention the next bit of the conversation. I asked if that is what her mom wanted and she said, 'no, she wanted to be split between me and my brothers and then spread in our gardens so she was with each of us. But they never asked, and this way she gets to see some sights so everyone is a winner.' 

• Like 2

Sorry if this is insensitive, fortunately I haven't lost a loved one and had to go through this, but I really don't think I'll be interesting in having anybody ashes. Unless they specifically requested I did something with them I think I'd just put them in the bin.

I have both my parents ashes under a pile of stuff that needs clearing out of the house. I don't think anyone was sure what to do with them.

I was surprised when we noticed there's an envelope glued to them with a stern letter saying you can't just scatter them anywhere and you need permission to do do. I must have missed the section in every movie with a death ever where they went through the bureaucratic side of chucking Gran's cindered remains off a cliff.

We buried my Dad's ashes in Ireland.

He wouldn't have cared what we did with them, and he's not Irish. But Mom is and she likes the idea of being buried with him eventually in her home town.

We kept a bit back to scatter somewhere if we want, but no idea where that would be!

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

From the number of people who've told me they'd (surreptitiously) done it, the Holte End penalty area must be composed almost entirely of human ashes. 

Its where our strikers go die. 

• Like 3

My Grandparents ashes were buried (I think) at Perry Barr crematorium. 

The family does have a burial plot at Witton cemetery, but I don't think its been used in about 50 years

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

From the number of people who've told me they'd (surreptitiously) done it, the Holte End penalty area must be composed almost entirely of human ashes. 

Aren't Pongo Waring's ashes scattered in the goal of the Holte End?

I like the idea of being scattered on the steps of the Holte, but in all honesty I don't really care. Chances are I'll just end up being scattered at the memorial garden, next to the crem.

I just got a notification of a like in the "cheer you up thread" but the page it goes to doesn't have any posts from me (it had a post from @Eames about perving on his 18 year old neighbour brushing her hair naked (not clear if bush).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just got a notification of a like in the "cheer you up thread" but the page it goes to doesn't have any posts from me (it had a post from @Eames about perving on his 18 year old neighbour brushing her hair naked (not clear if bush).

have a like in this thread as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

On the subject of ashes, we haven't done anything with my grandads ashes yet, but it's nearly a year now since he died. I think we've now decided on the anniversary we're going to scatter them at Brandwood end, where my Dad was buried.

I think my grandparents are buried at Brandwood End cemetery. I'd completely forgotten until you mentioned it. 

Â