General Chat

Stevo985

Just saw two gulls in a park doing the little ground tamping dance, trying to drum up worms.

I'd have far more respect for gulls if they did this more often, rather than just scrounging chips and bits of pasty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Today's wierd fact from my boss: eating pineapple makes your seman smell better :puke:

Obviously he likes pineapple...

Rubbing garlic on your feet will make your breath smell like garlic. And eating asparagus makes your piss smell like asparagus.

Random facts for free!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Obviously he likes pineapple...

Rubbing garlic on your feet will make your breath smell like garlic. And eating asparagus makes your piss smell like asparagus.

Random facts for free!

Technically he didn't say it smelt like pineapple, just that it smells good! Very random fact there...

And Berocca makes your wee illuminous.  Which is mildly amusing if you're on a night out and you go to the far end of the piss trough in the pub and watch the heads lift in amazement as they see this alien wee flowing past them :)

• Like 1

Been for a ultrasound scan today to rule out a few things before my doctor diagnosis me with IBS, I know they just say IBS for a lot of things these days. Anyway everything was perfect apart from I have mild fatty liver. As soon as he told me he said it was nothing to worry about and a bit of exercise and a slight improvement in my diet would sort it out. I had some blood tests the other day and I'm due to have a CT scan just to rule out everything but this fatty liver thing has concerned me. He kept saying there was really nothing to worry about and that even he had it but it's made me think a little. I eat a lot and my diet is not great, I also don't do much exercise apart from at work but is that exercise? And my drinking has come down a lot so I'm not concerned about that.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Been for a ultrasound scan today to rule out a few things before my doctor diagnosis me with IBS, I know they just say IBS for a lot of things these days. Anyway everything was perfect apart from I have mild fatty liver. As soon as he told me he said it was nothing to worry about and a bit of exercise and a slight improvement in my diet would sort it out. I had some blood tests the other day and I'm due to have a CT scan just to rule out everything but this fatty liver thing has concerned me. He kept saying there was really nothing to worry about and that even he had it but it's made me think a little. I eat a lot and my diet is not great, I also don't do much exercise apart from at work but is that exercise? And my drinking has come down a lot so I'm not concerned about that.

I think it's quite good to have these things every now and again. Your doctor's told you about something minor, which can be easily fixed but it's still a nice reminder to look after yourself a little better

If I got told everything was fantastic every time I had a checkup, I'd start thinking I was invincible.

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I think it's quite good to have these things every now and again. Your doctor's told you about something minor, which can be easily fixed but it's still a nice reminder to look after yourself a little better

If I got told everything was fantastic every time I had a checkup, I'd start thinking I was invincible.

True. Knowing this it now gives me an excuse to change my diet slightly and maybe exercise. 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Nine inches of snow has fallen today, and it's still coming down...

You can't beat a good nine inches...

H0u1NB.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Nine inches of snow has fallen today, and it's still coming down...

Nine inches. That's about this much > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  < isn't It?  Well that's what I've told the Mrs......... Is the most predictable thing any man can say when anyone says nine inches. 

As I have refused to read anything Villa connected until we win again to stop sinking into a depression and get annoyed by fellow VT'ers bickering,  I have been reading the Things That Piss You off but Shouldn't and Paddy's Things that cheer you up thread's from the beginning. 

I am really enjoying it but I find it spooky the sheer number of posters who were huge contributors racking up masses of posts who have now just dropped off the face of the earth. 

I wonder how many have just got bored or been insulted so walked away but more disturbingly have died and no one really knows.  Kind of sad and poignant,  looking at the last posts by some there is no clue they are about to disappear. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

As I have refused to read anything Villa connected until we win again to stop sinking into a depression and get annoyed by fellow VT'ers bickering,  I have been reading the Things That Piss You off but Shouldn't and Paddy's Things that cheer you up thread's from the beginning. 

I am really enjoying it but I find it spooky the sheer number of posters who were huge contributors racking up masses of posts who have now just dropped off the face of the earth. 

I wonder how many have just got bored or been insulted so walked away but more disturbingly have died and no one rally knows.  Kind of sad and poignant,  looking at the last posts by some there is no clue they are about to disappear. 

There is a treasure trove of entertaining posts going back. And we have lost some great posters. Hopefully some of those people will return to post again.

• Like 1

On 6 February 2017 at 18:26, Xela said:

My Grandparents ashes were buried (I think) at Perry Barr crematorium. 

The family does have a burial plot at Witton cemetery, but I don't think its been used in about 50 years

I have family buried in witton cemetery. The other year my grandad went for a walk up there to try and find some of them but he was unsuccessful.

Â