General Chat

Stevo985

Just now, sidcow said:

I remember having my tonsils and adenoids out. 

I was very young but I remember going round all the other kids in the ward asking them if they'd been to sleep in the time I had been away. I couldn't compute that I'd been to sleep and it wasn't the next day. 

Hope it goes all right.  It's a very run of the mill procedure. 

Make sure he has one of these when he gets home.  I had one so I guess it's compulsory

download.jpg

He's already been promised a toy of his choice on the way home :)

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I don't know about that sorry. 

My missus obviously wants to be the one who goes down with him which is fine with me, but he's all me at the moment. Whenever I have a bath he's in with me, whenever I piss he's there with me, whatever I wear he wears a similar outfit and the same with food he wants what I have. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My missus obviously wants to be the one who goes down with him which is fine with me, but he's all me at the moment. Whenever I have a bath he's in with me, whenever I piss he's there with me, whatever I wear he wears a similar outfit and the same with food he wants what I have. 

Remember never to cross the streams 

22 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Pubs are dead now which is a shame. When I first started going out Thursday,Friday,Saturday, and Sunday were all busy but now it's rare you get a busy night let alone a weekend. 

City centre pubs are rammed most of the time. Ones in the suburbs may suffer but the city centre is booming 

58 minutes ago, Xela said:

City centre pubs are rammed most of the time. Ones in the suburbs may suffer but the city centre is booming 

This true. I don't go out much in town anymore but when I do I am amazed at the number of venues and people about right in the centre of town.  There have been loads and loads of places opened. 

15 years ago the city centre was deserted at night with all. The action at Broad Street and The Arcadian. 

The centre seems to have developed as broad street has declined. 

I think it is "the local" which has declined more than destinations. 

I live in Shirley and its now becoming a bit of a destination on the quiet.  Mainly driven by the Parkgate development. I noticed that The Saracens Head which was in dire need of a makeover is now closed for development.  No doubt this is due to lost custom so it's having to up it's game. Mind you that probably means prices will rise. 

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

How did it go today ruge??? 

Great tbf mate. He was in and out by 11 but we couldn't be discharged until 5.30. He was a bit emotional when he woke up but he was back to normal in no time. Thanks for asking :thumb:

• Like 2

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Great tbf mate. He was in and out by 11 but we couldn't be discharged until 5.30. He was a bit emotional when he woke up but he was back to normal in no time. Thanks for asking :thumb:

No worries, glad the little lad's doing well!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This true. I don't go out much in town anymore but when I do I am amazed at the number of venues and people about right in the centre of town.  There have been loads and loads of places opened. 

15 years ago the city centre was deserted at night with all. The action at Broad Street and The Arcadian. 

The centre seems to have developed as broad street has declined. 

I think it is "the local" which has declined more than destinations. 

I live in Shirley and its now becoming a bit of a destination on the quiet.  Mainly driven by the Parkgate development. I noticed that The Saracens Head which was in dire need of a makeover is now closed for development.  No doubt this is due to lost custom so it's having to up it's game. Mind you that probably means prices will rise. 

I sometimes go out after work at 5ish in the city centre and places like The Shakespeare, The Trocadero, The Wellington, The Old Contemptables, The Old Royal etc are all busy. Even on a Tuesday. Old fashioned boozers. Its vibrant and nice to see. Broad St is still busy as well. A lot more people live in the city now so it's a lot easier to nip out for one or two.

Agree with you about the local boozer. I don't class any of the ones in Sutton as my local. There is too much choice to have a local!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I sometimes go out after work at 5ish in the city centre and places like The Shakespeare, The Trocadero, The Wellington, The Old Contemptables, The Old Royal etc are all busy. Even on a Tuesday. Old fashioned boozers. Its vibrant and nice to see. Broad St is still busy as well. A lot more people live in the city now so it's a lot easier to nip out for one or two.

Agree with you about the local boozer. I don't class any of the ones in Sutton as my local. There is too much choice to have a local!

Went in The Shakespeare when I was in Brum the other week, for the Sabbath gig. Very nice pint in there, decent grub, and fine selection of ales. I've not got into town much in the past 10 years or so, and my trips to Brum these days just tend to be with the family based in Erdington, and going to see the Villa. I was pleasantly surprised at how smart it's looking round New Street these days.  

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've not been out in Birmingham for a while. Is Stoodi Bakers still there? 

:ph34r:

16 hours ago, Xela said:

I think this is a reflection on modern culture. We are flocking to cities and small town/country folk are getting left behind,

I went into the pub nearest to me once, and only once. I'm about a 20 minute drive from the city centre, fairly suburban, but not exactly the middle of nowhere. I walked in to the almost silent pub, and everyone turned and looked. It was like I'd walked in to somebody's front room. I've stuck to pubs in the city since!

Me and my mates were Up North one time guess it was around 1987 or so I was about 17  , fairly rural area , hot day so we were dressed in shorts and T-shirts nothing elaborate

we walked into this pub full of yocals and then heard Ey up , it's the **** beach boys  .. I then ordered a lager which I barely got away with limited abuse , my 2 cretin mates ordered a bottle of wine which resulted in lots of wolf whistles and a string of witty homophobic abuse aimed towards them  

ah happy days

tbf we stayed most of the afternoon and it was fine there wasn't any hostile overtures towards us other than the banter

Edited by tonyh29

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Me and my mates were Up North one time guess it was around 1987 or so I was about 17  , fairly rural area , hot day so we were dressed in shorts and T-shirts nothing elaborate

we walked into this pub full of yocals and then heard Ey up , it's the **** beach boys  .. I then ordered a lager which I barely got away with limited abuse , my 2 cretin mates ordered a bottle of wine which resulted in lots of wolf whistles and a string of witty homophobic abuse aimed towards them  

ah happy days

tbf we stayed most of the afternoon and it was fine there wasn't any hostile overtures towards us other than the banter

awil-pic-3.jpg?w=570&h=320

:)

• Like 1

Â