General Chat

Stevo985

20 hours ago, Xann said:

The guy I sit next to at work and I are trying to ween ourselves off sugary snacks in the day.

We bought a weeks worth of calorie counted food and a shed load of fruit.

It was meant to be consumed instead of the unhealthy stuff, but we've ended up eating it as an addition to the unhealthy stuff :blush: 

I think part of that plan needed to be GETTING RID OF THE SUGARY STUFF OFF THE TABLE!! :P Ya div.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

See, I could manage to resist eating the choccy bars (even though I love them). But the fruit would stay uneaten. I'd rather be hungry. 

Total opposite for me.

I could quite happily never eat chocolate again (I do quite like it now and again) but I'd hate to never eat another grape, plum or banana. 

On 20 January 2017 at 15:15, Designer1 said:

Total opposite for me.

I could quite happily never eat chocolate again (I do quite like it now and again) but I'd hate to never eat another grape, plum or banana. 

You've got to be very careful with fruit 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Pour quoi?  As they say in the Ivory Coast.

You mean Côte d’Ivoire? :)

Just the Monday feeling. Really busy, not feeling it and people gossiping just because I may have been very drunk on Friday with work colleagues and insulted a few of them. 

Meh! 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

You mean Côte d’Ivoire? :)

Just the Monday feeling. Really busy, not feeling it and people gossiping just because I may have been very drunk on Friday with work colleagues and insulted a few of them. 

Meh! 

Nah, I meant Ivory Coast.  I'm not from Quebec!  ;)

The incessant clouds and drizzle is an absolute mindbender as well, isn't it?

Anybody here have any knowledge on accounts / TAX?

I know a bit, but am baffled by something.

I took a part time job last year, and worked on a zero hour contract. I earned 5,201 something for the tax year from 2016 to now and I was taxed 617.40.

I started a new job with a salary on December 5th, after resigning the other job and because of the timeframe I had the wrong tax code at the new job but HMRC have confirmed that is being sorted. I'll be having that overpay on tax sorted and will be on non-cumulative from next pay.

I didn't work through November and took a month off unpaid from everything.

P/T job as of now have not sorted P45 or contacted HMRC, they are waiting for that.

That job today uploaded my final payslip and on it the net pay is 618.10 but deductions are -595.91, total earnings according to the slip are 22.19 of Holiday pay. Nothing has gone into my account as of today - but apparently the actual payday is Monday.

Total deductions are states Pay -617.40 (the tax overpay above) pension of a few £ and another item for old uniform orders owed.

Phoned work and they have no idea what the deductions are and it's worth noting that the new holiday year started on Jan 1st for them, my last holiday was October and I had worked hours to earn that time. 

I'm baffled. Any ideas? 

Â