General Chat

Stevo985

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I have family buried in witton cemetery. The other year my grandad went for a walk up there to try and find some of them but he was unsuccessful.

I think there is a records office there who will tell you in what general area that person is buried. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think there is a records office there who will tell you in what general area that person is buried. 

I will tell him but his knees have gone now so doubt he would bother. He still manages to go and buy records though ;)

• Like 1

I always remember being slightly surprised when I learnt as a kid in many places your grave isn't so much an eternal resting place as a rented hole to rot in before being filed by bone type elsewhere.

Presumably the Rapture will include lots of awkward milling about whilst people find their own tibias, to pinch a much funnier man's joke.

13 hours ago, troon_villan said:

There's a good chance people still browse the forum without posting anything.   I barely posted anything the second half of last year but I was still on most days browsing as I have been for about 7 years now. 

I had quite a long sojourn from VT myself.  Joined and posted a bit then didn't bother for ages. I don't even know why I started again to be honest or indeed why I stopped. 

My first several posts were to The General so l guess I was inspired to join to share my thoughts with him,  but probably stopped when I realised it was a lie. 

I would think probably 70% of my posts have been in the last 2 years despite joining in 2006.

The Understudy. Gringo,  Villaajax are names that spring to mind and ME seemed mad as a box of frogs. 

Come on any ex VT'ers lurking,  come back into the fold! 

On 19/02/2014 at 22:49, AVFCLaura said:

Some of you are so stupid, it makes you real life borderline special. I was making a point...

My posts merely reflected what I've seen day in, day out, since I came back. I wanted to show you all exactly how it looks and how droll it is.

It's just pointless, miserable, moaning, whinging, negative, boring tatt.

I started a thread tonight and instead of the people who were interested in the subject commenting, it was just spammed with pointless waste of internet space. Is that fun? If so, wow.

I'm all for a piss take and some banter, in fact I live for it. But that's not what it is. It's not smart enough.

And the classic retort is that I'm on my period? Quality banter guys... <Sarcasm>

It's with no small amount of irony that I realise that this very thread was started by somebody who dropped off the site although in this case I don't think it's going to take a Sherlock/Poirot hybrid to work out why. 

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's with no small amount of irony that I realise that this very thread was started by somebody who dropped off the site although in this case I don't think it's going to take a Sherlock/Poirot hybrid to work out why. 

Because the Brit Awards are wank?

Go to her profile and read her last few posts. Somewhat ironically, ninety percent of them are her moaning about something.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Because the Brit Awards are wank?

Go to her profile and read her last few posts. Somewhat ironically, ninety percent of them are her moaning about something.

Oh yes, I saw that. 

Wasn't defending her,  I meant (reference to my earlier post) that with a lot of posters there is no clue in their final posts that they are about to disappear. . Her final post is the kind of rant you might expect to see as a final post. 

Just went back to that page and had a quick read of the subsequent pages.

Now I'm not sure whether to say "you've got another thing coming" or "you've got another think coming".

Although on the plus side, I already knew what "droll" meant.

On 2/10/2017 at 08:21, troon_villan said:

There's a good chance people still browse the forum without posting anything.   I barely posted anything the second half of last year but I was still on most days browsing as I have been for about 7 years now. 

I'm one of those. I still feel very attached to the forum and read it multiple times a day. It was too easy to fall into a crap conversation ending up in a semi argument and folks getting upset or obsessing about their point. One too many of those and it just put me off posting. I still love it here though and do chime in occasionally.

Â