General Chat

Stevo985

23 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's a beautiful morning, but jesus it's cold.

I wasn't expecting it because it's warmed up over the last 2 weeks but I stepped out of the office this morning and it was like being slapped.

To add to this, milder this morning but it won't stop **** snowing

11 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If you are having a piss, and don't lock the door, what are the chances some guy will walk in and take a dump beside you.

Has happened. Not to me, but my mate, when we were out drinking in Singapore

Same arrangement as above, toilet and pisspot in a bathroom (but opposite sides of the room) and mate uses the pisspot, then a bloke bursts in, drop his trousers and lets rip on the toilet. He apologised to my mate, I guess he just couldn't wait...

• Like 3

As this general chat, I found my a present my mum got for my 15th birthday (fifthteen years ago) its a model of Villa Park. Hve been looking online to see how much these go for anyone else got one as i have looked everywhere online and cant see any?

Are these things rare?

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

Really pointless question: bathroom in bar has a toilet and one urinal. Right next to each other. No cubicle for the toilet. Are you supposed to lock the door going for a piss or not? 

Double down saloon in Vegas,  urinal and toilet in the same room, no lock on the door. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

As this general chat, I found my a present my mum got for my 15th birthday (fifthteen years ago) its a model of Villa Park. Hve been looking online to see how much these go for anyone else got one as i have looked everywhere online and cant see any?

Are these things rare?

I've got one too so I don't think they're that rare!

Do you guys think it's weird that at the age of 34, I still have a handful of mates from school (the ones that still live at home, rarely work) call me EVERY single day wanting to pop round to sit in our (I live with my gf) lounge.

Not my fault your bored in your bedroom?  We're not 18 anymore!  Don't get me wrong they are quality friends, im just frustrated they have no ambition and it seems the only excitement they have in their lives is sitting in my lounge!

Only here for 6 months longer, then moving away, but I do worry about what the future holds for these guys.

I think its more weird that they are 34, live at home and have no ambition. I can clearly see why they want to come round, as its a distraction from their unfulfilled lives.

What do you say to them when they ring up? 

2 hours ago, simont123 said:

Do you guys think it's weird that at the age of 34, I still have a handful of mates from school (the ones that still live at home, rarely work) call me EVERY single day wanting to pop round to sit in our (I live with my gf) lounge.

I'm curious as to what your girlfriend has to say about it! I can't imagine many girlfriends would be too thrilled about it.

Yeah, I think it's a bit weird to be honest. As a group of around 8 close friends (aged 32-34, who all went to the same school, although we didn't all know each other then) me and my mates see each other around once a month on average, I probably see them individually a bit more often. 

We mainly use whatsapp groups between gatherings. Friendship at a safe distance ;)

Yeah my GF thinks it's strange so I don't involve her in it, she works nights 1-2 times a week so I basically just use that as lads night.  No problem, I can deal with that.  Just not asking every night.  One is drinking quite a bit aswell, 2 bottles of wine most nights he's round.  Will have a word soon I reckon, could easily have some form of depression.  Think he needs to take control of his life somehow.

• Like 1

If you are having a piss, and don't lock the door, what are the chances some guy will walk in and take a dump beside you.

Has happened. Not to me, but my mate, when we were out drinking in Singapore

Same arrangement as above, toilet and pisspot in a bathroom (but opposite sides of the room) and mate uses the pisspot, then a bloke bursts in, drop his trousers and lets rip on the toilet. He apologised to my mate, I guess he just couldn't wait...

"Let's rip" haha!

Anyone see that news story about Sepsis today?  It killed a boy who was 14 months old. 

It's scared the shit out of me to be honest.  My kid has been to the Dr's about 8 times over the last 6 months with a really chesty cough.  Every time the Dr checks his chest and it sounds clear, which means there's no infection - which is good news.  There was even a time when there was a medical student and her senior tutor there who checked him and gave the same prognosis (and then our normal Dr came and did the same).

But now he's crawling when he gets out of breath, he sounds like a worn out old dog with a really "gruff" noise-like-panting.

Now the little lad on the news this morning died after being taken to the Dr's several times and then in the final 24 hours he went very limp and lethargic, and died after being resuscitated a few times and giving him morphine shots etc. 

I just keep thinking - what if.

I've done some searches and the tribute stories, who are raising awareness all say "He/she was acting quite normally quite soon before it all happened".

My lad was 1 yesterday, but I don't know how to compare his normal behavior to what the signs are meant to be.

Symptoms include; mottled skin - he's a darker colour than I am, but if you press his skin the mark doesn't stay, it's fairly even shades too.

Lethargic - He's been tired over the last 3 days but I assumed it's because it's been his birthday and he's been awake for an awful long time during the day + active.  But I have nothing to compare his energy levels to.

An ongoing cough - which he's had since he has been about 4 months - we've had about 4 weeks since when he actually sounded clear.

Probably just paranoid, but from the stories I've read/heard - this thing can strike whenever it wants (it's poisoning of the blood) and age doesn't really matter.

He's currently on antibiotics due to an ear infection in each ear - but he's coping well, not grumpy at all etc, but this is only the 2nd dose of antibiotics he's ever been given.

I also understand that Dr's in the past have used them willy-nilly which has lead to pretty bad results with infections which are immune, but I feel now they are going the other way.

Â