General Chat

Stevo985

28 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Rapper BOB claims the earth is flat - Guardian Link

WTF is this? I would love to know what Tim Peake thinks of this claim, he must be looking down at a mirage.

The same reason people think we didn't walk on the moon or that 9/11 was a conspiracy.

If you're presented with bias evidence without the intelligence or inclination or information to properly understand it or challenge it then it's very easy to be convinced.

"Conspiracy 58" is the ultimate evidence of that.

Edited by Stevo985

I'd never heard of Conspiracy 58 but having read its Wiki page it sounds interesting.  Doesn't surprise me in the slightest though.  People are very lazy in general and will all too often lap up what they see on TV if it's in any way presented well.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Anyone see that news story about Sepsis today?  It killed a boy who was 14 months old. 

It's scared the shit out of me to be honest.  My kid has been to the Dr's about 8 times over the last 6 months with a really chesty cough.  Every time the Dr checks his chest and it sounds clear, which means there's no infection - which is good news.  There was even a time when there was a medical student and her senior tutor there who checked him and gave the same prognosis (and then our normal Dr came and did the same).

But now he's crawling when he gets out of breath, he sounds like a worn out old dog with a really "gruff" noise-like-panting.

Now the little lad on the news this morning died after being taken to the Dr's several times and then in the final 24 hours he went very limp and lethargic, and died after being resuscitated a few times and giving him morphine shots etc. 

I just keep thinking - what if.

I've done some searches and the tribute stories, who are raising awareness all say "He/she was acting quite normally quite soon before it all happened".

My lad was 1 yesterday, but I don't know how to compare his normal behavior to what the signs are meant to be.

Symptoms include; mottled skin - he's a darker colour than I am, but if you press his skin the mark doesn't stay, it's fairly even shades too.

Lethargic - He's been tired over the last 3 days but I assumed it's because it's been his birthday and he's been awake for an awful long time during the day + active.  But I have nothing to compare his energy levels to.

An ongoing cough - which he's had since he has been about 4 months - we've had about 4 weeks since when he actually sounded clear.

Probably just paranoid, but from the stories I've read/heard - this thing can strike whenever it wants (it's poisoning of the blood) and age doesn't really matter.

He's currently on antibiotics due to an ear infection in each ear - but he's coping well, not grumpy at all etc, but this is only the 2nd dose of antibiotics he's ever been given.

I also understand that Dr's in the past have used them willy-nilly which has lead to pretty bad results with infections which are immune, but I feel now they are going the other way.

I would suspect if you went A and E saying your concerned the symptoms are similar they will take it very seriously after what happened to that poor kid. Put your mind at ease at least

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The same reason people think we didn't walk on the moon or that 9/11 was a conspiracy.

If you're presented with bias evidence without the intelligence or inclination or information to properly understand it or challenge it then it's very easy to be convinced.

"Conspiracy 58" is the ultimate evidence of that.

Stevo you dont think 9/11 was dodgy then? It was definitely in my opinion

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Stevo you dont think 9/11 was dodgy then? It was definitely in my opinion

Dodgy how?

Dodgy in terms of is it a huge government conspiracy?

Absolutely not, no. It's totally ludicrous.

• Like 1

The quite legitimate rebuttal to most conspiracies alleging government involvement is that most governments can't hold their own piss, and with so many people involved, bona fide leaks would emerge quite quickly.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Dodgy how?

this

you can question that despite it being  financed by Saudis , carried out by Egyptians why the US invaded Afghanistan as a result  , but there is no government cover up or complicity in the events itself

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Dodgy how?

For me it was how the building fell. No way can a plane make a building fall like that. That was full of explosives in my opinion

But Demitri, what value does your opinion have if you have no qualifications relating to how buildings are built or how to bring them down.  While people are entitled to their opinions, those opinions can often be completely baseless and ignorant to any facts.  Not having a go at you.  I'd be in the same boat if I decided that something didn't look right.  I'd be referencing my many years of watching Hollywood movies.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No way can a plane make a building fall like that. 

Based on what?

Are you a demolitions expert?

Or are you just saying this because somebody told you there's no way a building can fall like that.

There's plenty of experts who would reply to your statement by simply saying "erm, yes there is".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For me it was how the building fell. No way can a plane make a building fall like that. That was full of explosives in my opinion

essentially it's been proven it can , where the conspiracy people usually fail is they believe the Steel melted , which they say isn't possible with that level of heat

Once you understand the steel didn't melt and that the collapse was caused by loss of strength within the steel and structural differences in that loss , the conspiracy all but disappears ..unless of course the show I watched was part of the conspiracy to cover it up  :unsure:

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what?

Are you a demolitions expert?

Or are you just saying this because somebody told you there's no way a building can fall like that.

There's plenty of experts who would reply to your statement by simply saying "erm, yes there is".

I am basing it on various youtube videos I have seen. for me there are plenty of things out there if you look hard enough to suggest something was not quite right. I certainly think there was alot very suspicious about it 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am basing it on various youtube videos I have seen. for me there are plenty of things out there if you look hard enough to suggest something was not quite right. I certainly think there was alot very suspicious about it 

So you're saying it because somebody told you that buildings don't fall like that.

As Tony said, there's plenty of experts who will tell you they absolutely do (and did) fall like that.

23 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The towers fell DOWN because , er , gravity . If they had floated up to space I would be questioning it. 

I'll wait for one of the smart people to come along to explain where I'm getting this wrong  but from what I've understood where Einstein proved Newton wrong is that the apple didn't fall on Newton's head , rather that Newton head butted the apple  .. so whilst they didn't float into space , they didn't collapsed as such

Edited by tonyh29
slight terminology change to try and make me look less of a numpty

Just now, Stevo985 said:

So you're saying it because somebody told you that buildings don't fall like that.

As Tony said, there's plenty of experts who will tell you they absolutely do (and did) fall like that.

No Stevo I am not basing it simply on that only. Like I said above I have watched countless videos, documentries, read alot and before you shout "conspiracy novels" they are anything but. Not everything is black and white in this world. You trust the same people that took us to war in Iraq based on lies? Sorry but I am not willing to trust these politicians I like to go on what I see and read

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'll wait for one of the smart people to come along to explain where I'm getting this wrong  but from what I've understood where Einstein proved Newton wrong is that the apple didn't fall on Newton's head , rather that Newton head butted the apple  .. so whilst they didn't float into space , they didn't collapsed as such

I ain't super smart but I think the earth is falling towards the sun because of the curve in spacetime that the sun's mass creates, and the apple falls to the earth for the same reason. 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No Stevo I am not basing it simply on that only. Like I said above I have watched countless videos, documentries, read alot and before you shout "conspiracy novels" they are anything but. Not everything is black and white in this world. You trust the same people that took us to war in Iraq based on lies? Sorry but I am not willing to trust these politicians I like to go on what I see and read

What you've seen and read, in this instance, is nonsense I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Â