General Chat

Stevo985

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He had everything. People talk about Messi being amazing but lacking the physicality of CR7.

And CR7 having all of that but lacking the finesse and intricacy of Messi.

Ronaldo had all of that. He was both of them rolled into one. Like @sne said, if it wasn't for injuries I think he'd be labelled as the best of all time.

Ronaldo holds Luc Nilis as the best player he ever played with. And he played with the like of Figo, Romario, Zidane, Rivaldo, Djorkaeff and Raúl 

One of the biggest tragedies of this club that he got injured so soon here.

Nilis was one of my favorite players and I was so excited when we signed him. even at that age he was fantastic.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Ronaldo holds Luc Nilis as the best player he ever played with. And he played with the like of Figo, Romario, Zidane, Rivaldo, Djorkaeff and Raúl 

Nilis was one of my favorite players and I was so excited when we signed him. even at that age he was fantastic.

I think Ruud Van NIstelrooy has said similar about NIllis.

It's a shame especially as, although it was a horrific injury, you'd probably recover from that these days even at his age.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sne said:

Saw him score at the Holte End. I think it was the match before The Injury. 

On 15/03/2020 at 20:27, chrisp65 said:

I’ve just noticed On Topic is still open. Really irresponsible, playing with lives.

Got to be honest, I'd forgotten it even existed.

• Like 4

On 16/03/2020 at 08:33, Stevo985 said:

He had everything. People talk about Messi being amazing but lacking the physicality of CR7.

And CR7 having all of that but lacking the finesse and intricacy of Messi.

Ronaldo had all of that. He was both of them rolled into one. Like @sne said, if it wasn't for injuries I think he'd be labelled as the best of all time.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He's definitely the best Ronaldo of all time.  I'm not sure you can compare him to Messi though.

I don’t think you can compare him to either CR7 or Messi, because of their longevity. 

But if you’re comparing them purely at their peak, then he’s definitely in the conversation with either of those two if you ask me. 

As is Ronaldinho by the way 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Shouldn’t there be some sort of VT Isolated Talk where people have to dwell for 14 days after they’ve been in On Topic or displayed symptoms of football chat?

V TIT

There is a thread isn't there to reminisce about the good old days, football on a Saturday, mid-week drink in the pub. Movie with the kids at the cinema. I can still vaguely remember.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

If only there was a forum section to talk about football. My favourite Ronaldo was always Ronaldo McDonaldo. 

Operation Yewtree saw the end of Ronald playing with the kids in the local Maccy D's

• Like 1

Â