General Chat

Stevo985

Yep, good on ya! @blandy we’ve sort of done a similar thing. We’ve put in a pond and I brought in some frog spawn a good few years ago and that’s done really well, it’s currently full of frogs n tadpoles of all sizes. We’ve also kept all the edges around the lawn and everywhere deliberately a bit ragged and overgrown. As a result we’ve also ended up with loads of wild garlic and other stuff and we’ve got various up turned pots and bug hotels and piles of sticks.

As a payback, we’ve now got a visiting hedgehog, an occasional fox and a family of magpies that turn up every morning for their tadpole treats. We’ve got bats as well! Been brilliant the last few weeks, weather good enough to sit out at dusk and get buzzed by bats. Thinking of eating one.

I also once spotted a black panther, but that’s a whole other story.

It’s my personal counter to the people I know that have had their lawn replaced with Astro turf, built a drive over the front garden and then tut at all the floods.

• Like 1

We have a fox that visits the area at the front of our house some nights. We know this because of the incredible noise they make. Not sure if mating or fighting but it’s like the bark of a distressed dog (for anyone who still wonders, what does the fox say).

spacer.png

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, good on ya! @blandy we’ve sort of done a similar thing. We’ve put in a pond and I brought in some frog spawn a good few years ago and that’s done really well, it’s currently full of frogs n tadpoles of all sizes. We’ve also kept all the edges around the lawn and everywhere deliberately a bit ragged and overgrown. As a result we’ve also ended up with loads of wild garlic and other stuff and we’ve got various up turned pots and bug hotels and piles of sticks.

As a payback, we’ve now got a visiting hedgehog, an occasional fox and a family of magpies that turn up every morning for their tadpole treats. We’ve got bats as well! Been brilliant the last few weeks, weather good enough to sit out at dusk and get buzzed by bats. Thinking of eating one.

I also once spotted a black panther, but that’s a whole other story.

It’s my personal counter to the people I know that have had their lawn replaced with Astro turf, built a drive over the front garden and then tut at all the floods.

Awesome. I get bats too. Usually high summer only - June to August. I’m certain it’s because of the insects from the garden and the oak tree on the pavement, because they just circle my tiny front garden. 

A4549EEA-DD7A-47D8-BB46-BDC61C045B80.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Could be he’s actually @tonyh29 in a sort of reversal of the Jenny Jones sting

I wasn't on the site much when this happened but have heard it referenced a few times since. I know its about Baselayers but not sure what the 'sting' exactly was (beyond the obvious) and how it occurred. What was it?

9 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I wasn't on the site much when this happened but have heard it referenced a few times since. I know its about Baselayers but not sure what the 'sting' exactly was (beyond the obvious) and how it occurred. What was it?

One poster had a second account posing as JJ.

This being a place lately occupied by males that spend a lot of time on the internet, some posters let themselves down a little, trying to buy old knickers and tights.

It was an obscure enough person for it to be believable. 

Scuba Steve in particular was sending dick pics that weren’t even his dick.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I don’t recall the ruse 😞 

@Baselayers wasn’t Jenny Jones. It was another poster. 

I don’t want to blow my own trumpet, but even though I fell for it initially and still gave “her” the benefit of the doubt, I’m fairly sure I was one of the original people saying it wasn’t her. 

It was when Jenny was live on the Jonathan Ross show but posting on VillaTalk during the ad breaks that cemented it for me. 
“yeah sorry Jonathan, Becks and whatever other famous celebrity I’m in the green room with, could you hold that thought? Cheers I just need to reply to @lapal_fan on this Internet forum for a football team I don’t even support”

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

@Baselayers wasn’t Jenny Jones. It was another poster. 

I don’t want to blow my own trumpet, but even though I fell for it initially and still gave “her” the benefit of the doubt, I’m fairly sure I was one of the original people saying it wasn’t her. 

It was when Jenny was live on the Jonathan Ross show but posting on VillaTalk during the ad breaks that cemented it for me. 
“yeah sorry Jonathan, Becks and whatever other famous celebrity I’m in the green room with, could you hold that thought? Cheers I just need to reply to @lapal_fan on this Internet forum for a football team I don’t even support”

I remember when it was going on, and plenty of people had their doubts, but wasn’t aware of there being a big scooby doo type reveal/confession.

IIRC she logged into VT momentarily during the 2014 Winter Olympics final :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I remember when it was going on, and plenty of people had their doubts, but wasn’t aware of there being a big scooby doo type reveal/confession.

IIRC she logged into VT momentarily during the 2014 Winter Olympics final :lol: 

There was no reveal or confession. 

But Baselayers and another poster (who had been rumoured to be her) both disappeared from the site at the same time, then they both reappeared years later at the same time for one day and then disappeared again. So that's my main suspect!

• Thanks 1

I didn't suspect, mainly because no one knew or cared who Jenny Jones was when they joined up. 

If it was a ruse? It wasn't really that clever, but a freakishly lucky choice of bod to pretend to be.

With that sort of luck you could have landed a decent accumulator instead :)

• Like 1

I thought I'd missed something then! I couldn't recall anyone ever coming out and admitting it, but yeah, surely it wasn't really double J. I remember a morning on Sunday Brunch she was a guest and posting on here at the same time too. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I don't really know what the point of the deception was. Odd. 

I don't get internet trolling in general but I admire the sheer randomness of this and the way it escalated beyond probably his wildest expectations.  

• Like 1

I find it strange that people are now acting like it definitely wasn't her, when there isn't anything more to suggest it wasn't her than when she was posting, just seems people are going along with it. I'm pretty sure it was her, but at a guess I'd say that now she's become more of a public figure she's more than happy for people to think that it wasn't her.

Â