General Chat

Stevo985

9 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Nah me neither.

Btw, if a friend wanted me to ask how long DMs get saved on the server because he sent some photos to ‘Jenny Jones’ that he probably shouldn’t have, what should I tell my friend? :ph34r:

I wonder how many creepy messages she received?

Unusual for me, I refrained.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I miss Laura, her Brits night meltdown was one of the funniest evenings on here. She was annoyed that nobody was taking her Brits thread seriously so she went on a posting spree in dozens of threads trying to ruin them :lol: 

Starting a thread about modern popular music was always going to be a risky endeavour! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

As if people don't believe baselayers was Jenny Jones. If it wasn't her, whose knickers did I buy?

Robot Monkey GIF

200.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Edit: On second thoughts better to let people believe that it wasn't her if that's what she wants.

I like that your edit says everything your original post said 😬

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I miss Laura, her Brits night meltdown was one of the funniest evenings on here. She was annoyed that nobody was taking her Brits thread seriously so she went on a posting spree in dozens of threads trying to ruin them :lol: 

She was right though. VT is the most cynical group of people I’ve ever been a part of :D

Still follow Laura on twitter and Instagram though. She’s doing well by the looks of things. Married recently I believe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xann said:

Live TV does lag behind reality. Betting streams are fast for obvious reasons, but your supposedly live 'Big Brother', where there's VT being run, graphics, the danger of someone doing something untoward (the subject or a random floating about) and a director making decisions on the fly are a good few minutes behind the action.

It wasn’t that she was posting while she was on the actual screen. She said she was doing it in the breaks. 

More that if you were on TV with Jonathan Ross and a load of famous people would you be logging into VT to post some messages in the breaks?

I bloody wouldn’t and my life practically revolves around VT! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

More that if you were on TV with Jonathan Ross and a load of famous people would you be logging into VT to post some messages in the breaks?

I don't have a smart phone, if I did I might?

More likely to put a frowny face on one of @blandy's posts, than tell you I'm meeting Jonathan Woss :) 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Still follow Laura on twitter and Instagram though. She’s doing well by the looks of things. Married recently I believe

Wasn’t she dating someone on here or did I make that up?

Just now, Genie said:

She was.

He lives in the shadows now.

Someone mentioned he can be seen jogging on a full Moon.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah it was Trim. That was a loooong time ago though. Wasn’t him she married

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Xann said:

I don't have a smart phone, if I did I might?

More likely to put a frowny face on one of @blandy's posts, than tell you I'm meeting Jonathan Woss :) 

Well that’s ok ‘cus I laugh at yours Dave 🤪

• Haha 1

On 18/04/2020 at 22:27, Stevo985 said:

@Baselayers wasn’t Jenny Jones. It was another poster. 

I don’t want to blow my own trumpet, but even though I fell for it initially and still gave “her” the benefit of the doubt, I’m fairly sure I was one of the original people saying it wasn’t her. 

it was well done , but for the life of me I can’t figure out why

I was online when she first appeared as she tended to frequent the night shift ... initially she wouldn’t reveal who she was ... a few posts and clues later and we came up with her being Jenny Jones ...   who I don’t think anyone had even heard of ... The woman in the House of Lords was the only real hit you got on search engines ....seemed a strange honey trap to go with.

They’d done their homework though ....the baselayers poster mentioned they were doing a Paris - London bike ride and a few posters offered to sponsor ... she declined saying her sponsors were covering it.... google confirmed this but it wasn’t an easy google find , you had to dig deep to confirm JJ was indeed doing Paris to London .

she messaged me a few times about travel ,  we had conversations about Tobago (amongst many) that I think only someone who has been there could have had ... (JJ has , the pics were on her Facebook page , I don’t believe mr Ajax had been there) so , Again if it was a honey trap it was a very bizarre one , there wasn’t even any requests for dick pics or anything (from either party :) )

baselayers was a site doner if I recall , the name on the donation would probably confirm it was a scam... but it would kill the fun , I like the 1% chance it could have been her 

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

it was well done , but for the life of me I can’t figure out why

I was online when she first appeared as she tended to frequent the night shift ... initially she wouldn’t reveal who she was ... a few posts and clues later and we came up with her being Jenny Jones ...   who I don’t think anyone had even heard of ... The woman in the House of Lords was the only real hit you got on search engines ....seemed a strange honey trap to go with.

They’d done their homework though ....the baselayers poster mentioned they were doing a Paris - London bike ride and a few posters offered to sponsor ... she declined saying her sponsors were covering it.... google confirmed this but it wasn’t an easy google find , you had to dig deep to confirm JJ was indeed doing Paris to London .

she messaged me a few times about travel ,  we had conversations about Tobago (amongst many) that I think only someone who has been there could have had ... (JJ has , the pics were on her Facebook page , I don’t believe mr Ajax had been there) so , Again if it was a honey trap it was a very bizarre one , there wasn’t even any requests for dick pics or anything (from either party :) )

baselayers was a site doner if I recall , the name on the donation would probably confirm it was a scam... but it would kill the fun , I like the 1% chance it could have been her 

huh.

Ok, so I get I'm a few years late to this. I've just read the Scuba Steve - honey trap thread. The majority of anyway. I can honestly say that it's the best thing i have seen in many many years. I always wondered where 'scuba steve' came from. I've seen it mentioned a number of times. And now I know. Just couldn't see any of the pictures in the thread though (although I don't know if that's a good or bad thing). 

Also weird to see joe Lolley posting in it too!! Brilliant stuff though. And passed a good few hours of an utterly horrible final night shift.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t recall this, what happened 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t recall this, what happened 

The Brits were on the TV, she was obviously a big fan so made a thread to discuss it. The responses in the thread were the usual "this is crap, that act is rubbish" etc so she got really annoyed and went on a posting spree in loads of threads saying it was rubbish in retaliation :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â