The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

That sums it up pretty well really. The Final Cut version is the way Ridley Scott intended Blade Runner to be originally, with everything he wanted (to an extent). Apparently he didn't even have control over the supposed Director's Cut.

Just started on BBC2, for anyone interested.

I recommend Oldboy, a Korean* film, at their best.

Sick film but a really good watch.

If you like Chan-wook Parks stuff, then I highly recommend his latest movie 'Thirst'. A superb new take on the vampire genre with Parks unique style and humour shining through.

Not seen too many lately but Watchmen was very good for the first two thirds but i was really disappointed with how it ended, just got weaker and weaker.

The Baader Meinhoff Complex is superb though. German film that follows a left wing political activism group as they evolve into terrorists and constanstly prompts you to reassess your morals against the backdrop of a decent cause vs extreme actions. Very well acted, great use of real news footage interspersed into the film and some really interesting relationships alongside the main plot. Only downsides were that it is very long and the subtitles are ridiculously small, stupid error on behalf of the studio that nearly makes it unwatchable.

• 3 weeks later...

i watched the orphange, good, cant wait to see what he does with the hobbit

also watched in the valley of elah, wasnt entirely convinced, tommy lee is good in it but its all a bit somber IMO could have done with some more susan sarando as the emotional mom to counter the never flinching millitary background dad

I watched two quality films yesterday.

Un Prophéte (The Prophet) and The Foot Fist Way.

The Prophet especially is top drawer.

Un Prophéte is on my list at the moment, really loking forward to that one. Incidentally omariqy, have you seen The beat that my heart skipped? One of Audiard's previous movies? If not, it's worth a look. :thumb:

Â