The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Six Shooter the other night, only 25mins long (ish), won an Oscar, very, very dark comedy set in Ireland starring Brendan Gleeson, recommend it.

EDIT - Should note that this was written and directed by the same fella as In Bruges, if you enjoyed that.

In the Loop is hilarious. Political satire/spoof documentary directed by Armando Iannucci and is a spin off from his tv series The Thick of It.

A very different comedy from The Hangover but i'd have to put it right up there. While Alan steals the show in The Hangover, Malcolm (Peter Capaldi) steals it in this as the angry scot delivering insult after insult with brilliance.

Though the unforseeable 'plane in the fog' speech also near killed me.

I can understand why some people would find it average tbh. Nothing really happens.

A bit like the directors other film Juno, if it doesn't strike a chord, so to speak, you probably won't think much of it. But luckily Diablo Cody is no where near the script!

I really enjoyed it, and have a new found respect for George Clooney.

I'd recommend it, but i presume it's best suited to those who are generally a bit miserable like me :D

I really enjoyed it, and have a new found respect for George Clooney.

I'd recommend it, but i presume it's best suited to those who are generally a bit miserable like me :D

It missed its target audience when I wasn't head over heels with it, then. :winkold:

the guy i work with put me off, and said that as for clooney being best actor its a role that is everything you'd expect clooney to be, hence not a real load of acting

whereas the road which i watched sunday, viggo put in a great performance (the film in general was ok IMO, the kid annoyed the hell out of me which was a downer)

I know it's been mentioned a bunch of times already in this thread but I finally got round to watching Oldboy last night and I just had to register how great it was. My head is still buzzing from it all. Even though it's all pretty much explained by the end of it, my brain is still having a hard time computing everything I saw in the last 20 minutes. Highly recommended.

clooney being best actor

since when did the Oscar ever go to the best person , it's always given out on who does the best arse kissing and backhanders ...

true

it should probably go in "thing that piss you off..." but the excellent looking shutter island gets pushed further and further back by all accounts because they cant find funding for an oscar campaign (they want $60m IIRC)

i watched 50 dead men walking last night, im maybe a bit young for it and dont know that much about NI and the IRA, and the pace was a bit too much IMO but still well worth a watch

it should probably go in "thing that piss you off..." but the excellent looking shutter island gets pushed further and further back by all accounts because they cant find funding for an oscar campaign (they want $60m IIRC)

Every time I've seen trailers for that I get the immense feeling I've no need to watch the film because it's told me the entire plot, including what I imagine is supposed to be some sort of twist.

Every time I've seen trailers for that I get the immense feeling I've no need to watch the film because it's told me the entire plot, including what I imagine is supposed to be some sort of twist.

see im the other way round, i think that they give you too much (seemingly he goes in to investigate an escape and ends up locked up as a patient) but that cant possibly be all there is to it, which makes me want to see it

plus a while ago id never imagine myself saying this, but i like leo

Â