The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Another vote for The damned united. Any football fan should love this film.

But i've heard it is not an accurate depiction of true live events, according to friends and family of Ole Big head, so i refused to watch that.

It may well be a decent movie, but if tit's not accurate to cloughie's legend, i shan't be watching.

Saw 'Bruno' last night. Was absolutely wetting myself. Almost as good as Borat.

I can't believe some of the stuff he gets away with such as telling a terroist leader that their King Obama looks like a dirty wizard and getting down to some mega gay action at a cage fighting show in redneck hickville USA.

As funny as it is, it exposing some incredible ignorance and hypocrisy, especially with the Americans.

So yeah, I would recommend this. Just make sure your not disturbed by people 'getting a little gay' if you watch.

im shaking my head wainy, i thought Bruno was the worst film ive seen this year, worse than the stepfather

everything feels forced, a good 80% is acted rather than the reactional comedy that made up 80% of borat, most of the people interviewed seemingly dont care that he's gay, so he really has to go overboard and do things that would piss you off if he was straight

im shaking my head wainy, i thought Bruno was the worst film ive seen this year, worse than the stepfather

everything feels forced, a good 80% is acted rather than the reactional comedy that made up 80% of borat, most of the people interviewed seemingly dont care that he's gay, so he really has to go overboard and do things that would piss you off if he was straight

I'm also shaking my head. Absolutely awful film in my opinion. It tries to shock instead of being funny and fails at both. 'Borat' was excellent but 'Bruno' is absolute junk.....

By the way, I am off to see 'Where The Wild Things Are' today so I'll hopefully be recommending it later on.

But i've heard it is not an accurate depiction of true live events, according to friends and family of Ole Big head, so i refused to watch that.

It may well be a decent movie, but if tit's not accurate to cloughie's legend, i shan't be watching.

I don't think it's ever claimed to be anything other than fiction based on true events. Much like the Da Vinci Code, it's just the viewers that get it into their heads that it's a true story.

It's a brilliant film and a brilliant book regardless of if it's accurate or not.

I'm also shaking my head. Absolutely awful film in my opinion. It tries to shock instead of being funny and fails at both. 'Borat' was excellent but 'Bruno' is absolute junk.....

By the way, I am off to see 'Where The Wild Things Are' today so I'll hopefully be recommending it later on.

WTWTA is ok IMO, some bits didnt resonate fully with me and its a bit slow in places, plus the idiots that took their 3/4 year old kids pissed me off with the moaning, crying and storm outs

Since when have VTers had a problem with shock comedy? Have you seen the 'WAHEY it's joke thread"? :)

Anyway I don't think that is the whole purpose of the film, he obviously has to push the boundaries to get the desired reaction, but it is the ignorant way the people bite and react to what he does that truly makes it funny.

Just watched Hunger on Film4. It's an... interesting film. Deals, unflinchingly, with the 1981 hunger strike, particularly with Bobby Sands. It tries to be politically neutral and simply portray the events that occured, but I'm not sure it can be just because of the subject matter. It also has a very long scene where Sands discusses his strike and his motives and beliefs with his priest, the scene was at least 15 minutes long and it's in 1 take, very well made but again... it's difficult to remain neutral. Especially when at a couple of opportune moments we get the infamous tones of the Iron Lady played over...

I'd recommend it, but it's not a light film at all. Well made, interesting, good acting, you might not like the subject matter though.

I don't think it is supposed to be a documentary. Im sure some things were "adapted for screen" but the general accuracy is spot on. At times Michael Sheen could actually be Brian Clough.

"Don Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkkiiiiiiin Revie!!!!!!!"

He really did not like that guy did he!

Â