The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

He is a replicant.

The unicorn scene gave it away.

Apologies to those who haven't seen it :P

I agree. Due to the unicorn in his mind and the fact that Gaff made a unicorn for him at the end. He knew what was in his mind, which may have meant it was planted there.

Although the debate still rages on as some people still think he isn't a replicant. Ridley Scott has said a few times that he was, although he has also said some other things that suggest otherwise. The fact is that Ridley Scott wants people to see it their own way.

Before the inclusion of the unicorn, the answer was even more uncertain. However, the unicorn confirms he is a replicant for me.

I recommend reading 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'. Explains quite a lot.

Watched Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima this week.

Both were pretty good, but LFIJ was by far the better film in my opinion.

Either way, both are worth a watch. I'll be watching the Escapist this afternoon whilst procrastinating over revision.

i felt c4 copped out a little with the one after another thing, LFIJ is miles better, and far more eye opening, but i guess not in english so they assume no ones interested

and try the book for FOOF, opening chapter explaining how IJ is considered sacred and no one really can visit there from the US, so the author wrote to the military saying what he was writing , the bloke in charge thought it was such a good idea he flew the family out there personally to have a look round, can anyone guess the name of the general in charge? :P

and IMO the escapist was very good

Will watch The Fountain tonight

Any good? It's one I've picked up at the local video shop a few times, but always put back down again. You know when they put quotes from movie reviews, such as "Blockbusting action at its best, 9/10 - Jonathon Ross" and the like on DVD boxes? Well the one for the Fountain said something about it being "flawed". Now I figure that they always stick the best reviews on the DVD covers, so if that's the best they could find, I reckon it must be a turkey.

Oh god, rambling again! So er, what was it like?

Will watch The Fountain tonight

Any good? It's one I've picked up at the local video shop a few times, but always put back down again. You know when they put quotes from movie reviews, such as "Blockbusting action at its best, 9/10 - Jonathon Ross" and the like on DVD boxes? Well the one for the Fountain said something about it being "flawed". Now I figure that they always stick the best reviews on the DVD covers, so if that's the best they could find, I reckon it must be a turkey.

Oh god, rambling again! So er, what was it like?

I watched it a few weeks ago. It's a good film, but you can tell it was an idea that sounded great and they couldn't quite do it right. But regardless, I really enjoyed it. It builds a good atmosphere which usually has me sold on more or less any film, and it looks quite good as well at times.

It's story line on paper is a bit nuts but I think the ultimate message it has is a good one.

I can however see a lot of people sitting watching it going 'What the **** is this?' and thinking it's dire.

Coco Before Chanel is now out on DVD and I would say it is worth a watch. I am a big fan of Audrey Tautou though. I like Amelie more, so give that a try if you haven't seen it. It's a weird little film but it kept me smiling all the way through.

Coco Before Chanel is now out on DVD and I would say it is worth a watch. I am a big fan of Audrey Tautou though. I like Amelie more, so give that a try if you haven't seen it. It's a weird little film but it kept me smiling all the way through.

That seems like the gayest film a person could watch, no?

That seems like the gayest film a person could watch, no?

I see where your going with that, however Audrey Tautou is a very non gay reason to watch a film.

I just watched Knocked up. I thought it was terrible. Sure some laughs, but pretty much Rogen doing what he does, but with less jokes. The last 30 mins with the delivery was painful. Absolutely awful. I didn't laugh once throughout the entire final sequence. Can I talk to you outside the room? The message he left for the gyno. Nothing. Not even at the prosthetic vagina thing which was just stupid. I didn't believe their relationship at all and hated that Rudd was still with that stupid wife at the end.

And I generally like all the Rogen/Rudd stuff.

Â