The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Now you just need to worry about whether or not Deckard is a replicant. :D

I thought it was pretty nailed-on that he was but then maybe I was just looking for it. As soon as it was cleaer Rachel was a replicant, I was sure Deckard was too. Probably spoilt it for myself a little as I was waiting for the big reveal which never came. Still - thoroughly enjoyed it though.

Which is why the unicorn scene was such a miss from the theatre release.

I always thought Gaffs line towards the end 'You've done a mans job sir' was pretty telling too.

He is a replicant.

The unicorn scene gave it away.

Apologies to those who haven't seen it :P

I agree. Due to the unicorn in his mind and the fact that Gaff made a unicorn for him at the end. He knew what was in his mind, which may have meant it was planted there.

Although the debate still rages on as some people still think he isn't a replicant. Ridley Scott has said a few times that he was, although he has also said some other things that suggest otherwise. The fact is that Ridley Scott wants people to see it their own way.

Before the inclusion of the unicorn, the answer was even more uncertain. However, the unicorn confirms he is a replicant for me.

Watched Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima this week.

Both were pretty good, but LFIJ was by far the better film in my opinion.

Either way, both are worth a watch. I'll be watching the Escapist this afternoon whilst procrastinating over revision.

Both were pretty good, but LFIJ was by far the better film in my opinion.

spot on. Been a long time since I watched them both and on reflection I don't think anyone needs to bother with flags of our fathers unless they want to compare and contrast the iwo Jima experience. The central story for flags of our fathers just isn't that interesting after 20 minutes or so.

Plus it unecessarily jumps backwards and forwards when it doesn't really need to. It's worth watching because it's not a bad film, and some bits coincide nicely with LFIJ, plus you can compare the experiences nicely.

But ultimately, LFIJ is a great film where as I'd say FOOF is just good.

I'm watching I Love You Man again.

I think it's great

Very funny film.

I actually watched The Boat That Rocked last night too. For some reason I thought it was very good. The music in it was good, their were some nice women in it and it was a good laugh. Parts of it dragged a bit and perhaps it was a bit too long. However I would say to check it out if you love 60's music and like a good little laugh.

Â