The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

when you look at how he did a run of catch me if you can, gangs of new york, the aviator, blood diamond and the departed in a row its good to see how he managed to turn it around! (ie after the brilliant G Grape he did a run of shit films)

picked up GofNY and body of lies for a fiver each on blu ray last night will give them a go at the weekend

I've had "Australia" recommended to me. Anyone have any thunks on this before I potentially waste 2 hours of my life ?

It has Kidman & Jackman in it so that's a good start.

i think it trys to do too much, decent enough but not all of it was interesting

watch rabbit proof fence a film about the stolen generation, much better oz film IMO

when you look at how he did a run of catch me if you can, gangs of new york, the aviator, blood diamond and the departed in a row its good to see how he managed to turn it around! (ie after the brilliant G Grape he did a run of shit films)

picked up GofNY and body of lies for a fiver each on blu ray last night will give them a go at the weekend

Body of lies is good and similar to Blood Diamond in highlighting some difficult political topics and conflicts.

However, it lacks something and i'm not sure what. It's ok but i doubt youll watch it twice.

Did a stupid thing when I was in London in December. I found Fallen, one of my favourites, for £5 but didn't buy it. I was skint but could've afford that, really. The thing is that you can't get it here in Sweden and I've been looking for it everywhere.
Amazon resellers - from £2.98 + p&p

Forgot to thank you for this, Mike. Was meant to buy it from here when I got money, but then I finally found it here in Sweden just before that and then it was settled. But when I was in London I realised that you are a bit cheaper on bluray so I'll still check this site out and see if it might be worth to order from here.

And btw, will watch the game on saturday and then have a night on my own catching up with films I've bought and not yet seen.

Will chose from this list:

Public enemies

District 9

Terminator salvation

Inglorious basterds

And maybe Kingdom of heaven which I have seen a long time ago but got it cheap on bluray.

Whcih would you recommend me to start with? :D

And btw, will watch the game on saturday and then have a night on my own catching up with films I've bought and not yet seen.

Will chose from this list:

Public enemies

District 9

Terminator salvation

Inglorious basterds

And maybe Kingdom of heaven which I have seen a long time ago but got it cheap on bluray.

Whcih would you recommend me to start with? :D

Well I haven't seen any of them except "Kingdom" (which I thought was crap), but I consulted Number One Daughter (a film obsessive) and she says "Basterds", definitely, closely followed by District 9.

cove_xlg.jpg

Really really good, but hard to watch, documentary about the slaughter of thousands of dolphins in Taiji, Japan per year.

My heart broke with the scene of the baby dolphin trying to escape with blood gushing from behind, then taking their final few breaths and disapearing under the water :(

just watched this and can't help but think the yanks didn't drop enough a-bombs on japan

ok bit harsh but Yeah it does make your blood boil what the japs are doing

Â