The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Odeon at merry hill has decided not to bother with serious mam or the informant, so its looking like law abiding citizen tonight :(

Yeah, the Merry Hill Odeon and Showcase Dudley have both decided in their infinite wisdom to not show A Serious Man. I went to Broad Street Cineworld to catch it.

By the way, I've heard from a few mates (people whose judgment I trust on movies) that Law Abiding Citizen is absolutely awful mate.

Anyone seen Inglorious basterds? I'm thinking about buying that one when it comes out on dvd.
Whole thread about it here.

Never dares to watch those threads before I've seen the movie as they almost always contains spoilers. :?

its dumb, funny in places, violent in places, the german general steals the film, brad pitt does an amazing italian accent, not historically accurate and has these weird few really long scenes rather than lots of short scenes

its worth a gander IMO as long as you take it for what it is rather than what you thought it would be

Just been to see 'Paranormal Activity' and thought it was quite good. Worth a watch n my opinion. I thought it dragged a bit near the start but it improves as it goes on.

Another one worth checking out if you like that genre is 'Drag Me To Hell'. I really enjoyed that film and even got the Blu-Ray of it. Certainly worth a watch.

The Soloist is up on TV Shack. Haven't seen it, but I'm recommending it.

I watched this the other night. It's really tough going. Not an enjoyable film. Very unusual. I was waiting for it to start, but it never really kicked off, but it did have moments like a sputtering egg. Some of it might have been hitting a bit close to home, so that might be why I couldn't enjoy it

Just downloaded Moon last night so I think I'll be watching that one tonight.

Watched Funny People last night with Seth Rogen and Adam Sandler. Laughed out oud at least every 5 minutes, Hilarious movie. It's actually got me thinking of doing some standup.

Watching Jersey Girl.

I don't think I've seen a worse film. Most ridiculous dialogue and non-story ever. As is the case with a lot of films, but this one in particular, you could replace the dialogue with cartoon sound effects and it would be more realistic.

Watched The Road this afternoon. If you're lucky enough to have a theater in your area showing it (only 111 in the US; release is early January in the UK), make sure to catch it. Lives up to the book about as well as a film can. A couple scenes that were left out of the theatrical release would've made it even better, though I understand why they chose not to include them. They were fully filmed and went through post, so I hope they'll be in a "director's cut" DVD release.

TERRIBLE date movie, btw.

Watched Almost Famous the other night, thoroughly recommended. Class soundtrack too.

Got to agree with that - watched it last night and it was fantastic.

On a similar note - Dazed and Confused was excellent too.

Watched Funny People last night with Seth Rogen and Adam Sandler. Laughed out oud at least every 5 minutes, Hilarious movie. It's actually got me thinking of doing some standup.

I think I laughed around 10 times in total throughout that film (at the most). Very overhyped and not as good as I had hoped or expected it to be....

Â