The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 05/09/2022 at 11:03, AVFCDAN said:

Fall is excellent, best film I've seen in ages and very much reminded me of Frozen (not that one).

I think I watched this the other night, two women up a tall pole yeah.  I have issues with heights so kept squirming in chair and looking away.

Hunters cleavage made it more bearable

Edited by Talldarkandransome

It's D23

They've announced the live action lion King prequel that everyone has been crying out for... Mufasa in 2024

Also more on hocus pocus 2, disenchanted, Peter pan and wendy, little mermaid, pixars new films called elemental, Elio and inside out 2, a new animated film set in Nigeria called iwaju

With no football to watch I decided to give this a go , did not expect much but was pleasantly surprised. Quite dark and amazing that you consider Sly is now 75. Never going to win an Oscar but a good take on the superhero genre and worth a look. Not sure of its comic book origins ? Maybe @Chindiecould shed some light 💡 

image.jpeg

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

With no football to watch I decided to give this a go , did not expect much but was pleasantly surprised. Quite dark and amazing that you consider Sly is now 75. Never going to win an Oscar but a good take on the superhero genre and worth a look. Not sure of its comic book origins ? Maybe @Chindiecould shed some light 💡 

image.jpeg

It's based on an independent comic from about 10 years ago. I actually know almost nothing about it beyond that - the fact it was released by a very niche publisher and doesn't seem to have got any traction whatsoever suggests it's not a great comic.

I'd guess it's been made as a film because the rights will have cost absolutely nothing and it probably wasn't terribly expensive to make - I understand it's a 'street level' kinda hero, and there's not likely to be any huge CGI costs or a big cast, so it's probably a small budget with a view to selling to a stream giant. Which they did. Easy money.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's based on an independent comic from about 10 years ago. I actually know almost nothing about it beyond that - the fact it was released by a very niche publisher and doesn't seem to have got any traction whatsoever suggests it's not a great comic.

I'd guess it's been made as a film because the rights will have cost absolutely nothing and it probably wasn't terribly expensive to make - I understand it's a 'street level' kinda hero, and there's not likely to be any huge CGI costs or a big cast, so it's probably a small budget with a view to selling to a stream giant. Which they did. Easy money.

Cheers, Worth a watch regardless 👍

19 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

image.jpeg

I also watched this last night and it was better than I expected 

MV5BNGM3YWFkZWMtZTQxMi00NzAxLTgyYzUtNDVk

India Song (Marguerite Duras) - Set in an old mansion with disembodied voices, narrating the story, has a ghostly feel to it, simialr to Marienbad.

recklessmoment.jpg

The Reckless Moment (Max Ophüls) - Different to the other Ophüls films I've seen, less decadent looking, I guess the story didn't call for it, but still good.

On 15/09/2022 at 07:49, Rodders said:

See How They Run - good fun, (very) self-aware whodunit, Knives Out vibes to it.

I've still not seen knives out but have seen that the new one which comes to netflix in december is getting really good reviews

there was KO and the gentleman released around about the same time (or at least available at the same time...) and i wanted to watch both and 3 years later i still havent watched either 

On 15/09/2022 at 06:49, Rodders said:

See How They Run - good fun, (very) self-aware whodunit, Knives Out vibes to it.

Saw this tonight at the Everyman. Can’t remember the last time I heard a whole cinema laugh as one so much during a film. Smart (without being too smart), knowing and with as many good lines as performances. Loved it. 

On 10/09/2022 at 16:08, Follyfoot said:

image.jpeg

I watched it the other night and enjoyed it despite its shortcomings.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Well this was a fairly uncomfortable watch, heights is not my thing.

Fall (2022) - IMDb

I watched the trailer. That was enough.
It could be the best film ever made but my stress levels were through the roof after a minute. Not for me. 

• Like 1

Â