The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Enough about the T2/Aliens/Predator talk, I watched a proper 10/10 film last night. @Follyfoot would approve

ROTFS_ORIGINS_-_Poster-600x847-1.jpg

Does exactly what you would expect. 

"**** watch it you no good word removed!"

Great film, 100% agree, only muggy little caaants  disagree and get a bit of what Basildon Bob got if not

(Big snort of gear)

What you fackin looking at 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Enough about the T2/Aliens/Predator talk, I watched a proper 10/10 film last night. @Follyfoot would approve

ROTFS_ORIGINS_-_Poster-600x847-1.jpg

Does exactly what you would expect. 

"**** watch it you no good word removed!"

Imagine a Predator landing at Raquel’s on a Saturday night in 1993

muggy alien caaaant

Pat would smash it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Imagine a Predator landing at Raquel’s on a Saturday night in 1993

muggy alien caaaant

Pat would smash it

Lets hope the Predator doesn't piss him off in a Happy Eater! 

"You faaackin no good ugly reptile caaaaannt!"

There's a new Footsoldier film in the works.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Being 100% truthful this is the most exciting cinematic news this year, can not wait, cheers @Xeladiamond geezer 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

@uselesswill now post some poncy 1955 French nonsense that ends in FIN to balance the rush of testosterone flowing 

Don’t really know much about these foot soldier films, they’re not my thing. But having a quick look on IMDb I’m kinda surprised that Nick Love appears to have no involvement with them.

They seem the sort of films that he’d be nailed on for getting a producers credit for, at the very least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

@uselesswill now post some poncy 1955 French nonsense that ends in FIN to balance the rush of testosterone flowing 

He wouldn't last 5 minutes down Hollywoods in Romford! 

• Haha 1

On 30/07/2022 at 17:32, Designer1 said:

Loved it.

Really looking forward to the prequel.

Great film, finally got round to watching it last night. Excellent use of don’t fear the Reaper by Blue Öyster Cult, Almost as affective as its use in Stephen kings the stand at the start

• Like 1

On 24/07/2022 at 14:12, Follyfoot said:

Really enjoyed this, creeps along nicely. One of the better horror offerings I’ve seen this year

image.jpeg

Watched this last night and as @Follyfoot says it's a very effective horror movie.

• Like 1

Missus is watching Grease. Honestly one of the worst films ever made. All the characters are dickheads. Terrible songs. 30-40 year olds pretending to be 16. I know it’s of it’s time but man some of the messages in this film 🤮. Weird, weird film. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Missus is watching Grease. Honestly one of the worst films ever made. All the characters are dickheads. Terrible songs. 30-40 year olds pretending to be 16. I know it’s of it’s time but man some of the messages in this film 🤮. Weird, weird film. 

Just back from...

spacer.png

Not bad at all, a good concept that kept me entertained for its two hour plus running time.

It has plot holes galore and some of the story strands don't add much to the overall narrative, but it's a good watch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Just back from...

spacer.png

Not bad at all, a good concept that kept me entertained for its two hour plus running time.

It has plot holes galore and some of the story strands don't add much to the overall narrative, but it's a good watch.

Just got back from this myself, thought it was great, it looked lovely at times, Kaluuya was brilliant for me but everyone seems to be raving about Keke Palmer and saying that she was the stand out performance.

Obviously it was a love letter to Spielberg but it threw in enough horror elements to just keep it out of the PG or 12 rating.

It was a bit of a slow burner to start with but I wasn't bored for a single second and really enjoyed all of it. 

You are right about the story strands that don't add much at all, did make me laugh though as I was walking out someone said "what was the deal with the **** monkey" I think that todays audience want to be spoon fed stuff rather than having to think about anything at all once they have finished it.

Jordan Peele isn't perfect but all 3 of his films to date have been highly enjoyable for me.

• Like 1

Â