The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

A particularly fantastic episode of Bob's Burgers wherein there are competing school musicals of Die Hard and Working Girl, the denouement of which is the zenith of cinematic mash-up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Really not impressed by The Batman. 

Seemed a bit choppy. 

I like the grittier premise and Paul Dano as the Riddler seemed perfect. Seemed closer to being a member of the Incel movement. 

On 28/03/2022 at 09:31, Brumerican said:

I thought the joke was that G.I. Jane was getting a sequel.

Some of the media have been reporting it as a joke regarding a the classic film G.I. Jane :D  

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing Morbius.  I heard it’s getting slaughtered in the reviews but I thought it was alright.  It wasn’t brilliant but wasn’t shite, it was just a good movie for an average moviegoer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, theboyangel said:

The Bubble managed to be worse than imagined. 

2hrs of comedy that wasn’t comedic 

I'm 30 minutes in, I didn't have high hopes at all but my god this is dreadful, I usually make a point of not switching films off but I'm really really close putting on Evil Dead 2

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I'm 30 minutes in, I didn't have high hopes at all but my god this is dreadful, I usually make a point of not switching films off but I'm really really close putting on Evil Dead 2

Guz Khan’s character got it right by bailing very quickly! 

We’ve got Death On The Nile on tonight. Good cast (barring Russel bloody Brand) and looks good but too early to say if overall it’ll be any good.

9 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Evil Dead 2 is genuinely one of the greatest films ever made so that's the right decision. 

• Like 1

Death On The Nile (much like the rebooted Murder on The Orient Express) was pretty much style over substance.

Looked great but pretty duff overall.

Have got Motherless Brooklyn lined up for tomorrow night - hopefully third time lucky and it’ll be good! 

Edited by theboyangel

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Death On The Nile (much like the rebooted Murder on The Orient Express) was pretty much style over substance.

Looked great but pretty duff overall.

Have got Motherless Brooklyn lined up for tomorrow night - hopefully third time lucky and it’ll be good! 

The two "new" Poirot movies have been woefully💩💩💩

• Like 1

Watching west side story, I'll be kind and say its not my thing, only another 2 hours to go... 

To be fair to it the cinematography and directing where they're stealing from the original film and the stage show is very good at times, the way they light people on balconies etc and at times a weird yellowy filter on it, it can look incredible 

Spiderman no way home. Not particularly into the whole marvel thing, but I'd heard good things about this. 

Kind of standard blockbuster fare. Perfectly acceptable. 

I have no idea why people were raving about it though. And people were talking Oscars. Really? I mean, really? If you think that is Oscar worthy you need to go to the cinema more. 

Edited by Anthony
Typos
  • Like 2

Â