The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

12 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Rewatched What We Do In The Shadows. So good and plan to watch the show next. 

Brilliant film, I've never watched series either, will do though at some point, most seem to like it, hard to match the film though I'd think.

14 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Lords of Metal (Netflix) about two friend in a high school metal band was better than expected and pretty funny, with a cracking soundtrack! 

Sounds like a movie I'd like. Nice.

9 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Brilliant film, I've never watched series either, will do though at some point, most seem to like it, hard to match the film though I'd think.

I didn't realise that Matt Berry is in the TV show and that instantly gives me hope it'll be brilliant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I didn't realise that Matt Berry is in the TV show and that instantly gives me hope it'll be brilliant. 

Series 1&2 are mint, 3 not so much

I think the TV version is better than the film but I watched the TV version first which may have blindsided me 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Popping to the cinema later to see The Northman. Big fan of Robert Eggers so I'm expecting something special. The reviews have been very positive which is a good sign.

• Like 2

220415-worlds-fair-movie-mn-0825-1ebd37.

We’re All Going to the World’s Fair - Reality and fantasy blur when a teen immerses herself in a role-playing horror game online, I mostly liked it, a few of the horror elements maybe a little cliched, but perhaps unavoidable as it's party depicting something that itself is made up of cliched horror elements, the film is probably more creepy and suspenseful in the less obvious 'horror' moments. Anna Cobb in the lead role did a really good job of playing a young impressionable teen and making her a sympathetic character.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Taylor Joy just looks the part for this role with her weird face.

I’ll bear it mind, but if I ever meet her, I think I’ll try and come up with an alternative opening line. Just as a back up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’ll bear it mind, but if I ever meet her, I think I’ll try and come up with an alternative opening line. Just as a back up.

Probably for the best, although, you have gotta admit, she does have a weird look about her doesn't she, beautiful bird but weird looking

4 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Probably for the best, although, you have gotta admit, she does have a weird look about her doesn't she, beautiful bird but weird looking

She’s distinctive looking, yeah. I’d say interesting rather than weird.

3 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I've just got back from this, thought it was fantastic, easily my film of the year so far.

I thought that Skarsgard and Taylor Joy were awesome, Taylor Joy just looks the part for this role with her weird face.

Even though it is obviously a much bigger budget than The VVitch and Lighthouse you can still tell that it is very much a Robert Eggers film just by some of the imagery that is used, its also got that Eggers pacing in that it took me about 45 minutes just to think "yeah, I'm really rooting for this dude" that isn't too say that its anywhere near as much of a slow burner, when the action comes it is pretty **** brutal.

an easy 8.5 for me and I can't wait to watch it again and it might even jump up to a 9 on the second viewing

Just got back and @leemond2008 has summed it up perfectly. 

Early contender for film of the year for me.

Always liked Skarsgard and this is the best I've seen him, a top drawer performance and it was nice to see Ralph Ineson, Kate Dickie and Anya Taylor Joy reunited from The VVitch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Watched Master and Commander today. The plot is a bit thin, but it makes up for it with the way it immerses you in ship life  and the scenery… definitely worth a watch.

Excellent film, truly one of the underrated ones out there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Watched Master and Commander today. The plot is a bit thin, but it makes up for it with the way it immerses you in ship life  and the scenery… definitely worth a watch.

Superb movie. Criminally underrated.

• Like 2

Â