The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Finally got around to watching The Innocents. Would not say I loved it but it certainly had something.

Rather disturbing in a very calm way and it's always effective having children who are a bit (a lot) off. The atmosphere and feeling is quite creepy and wrong in a good way.

Will absolutely not be for everyone and if you don't like small children who are anything but cute, or if you are a cat person this might not be for you :D 

A very solid 7.5/10 for me. 

Edit: Would not say it's a horror film thou.

innocents_1080.jpg?width=242

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Watched the Contractor with Chris Pine last night. He plays an  Ex special forces operative who is forced into the private sector due to a dishonourable discharge where everything is not quite as it seems

Good solid actioner with a couple of twists so well worth the investment . 7.9/10

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Watched the Contractor with Chris Pine last night. He plays an  Ex special forces operative who is forced into the private sector due to a dishonourable discharge where everything is not quite as it seems

Good solid actioner with a couple of twists so well worth the investment . 7.9/10

Yep, caught this too. Ben Foster is always good value too, always. It's sort of not great but ends up being a decent watch.

On 07/04/2022 at 21:41, useless said:
'There is going to be a movie at Cannes from one of the best American directors in history! He made two of my all time favourite movies (and we can argue all night over others) and fave TV series. This movie has been kept well under wraps... some even doubt it exists! Kaleem Aftab (@aftabamon) April 7, 2022'

Speculation that it might be a new David Lynch film, I hope so.

'As the Cannes Film Festival will announce its Official Selection on Thursday, Variety is starting to get a slightly clearer picture of what 75th edition will look like, though fewer titles than usual have leaked. Led by Cannes’ artistic director and general delegate Thierry Fremaux, the selection committee has been flooded with late submissions and is now in the thick of deliberations.

Most surprisingly, according to two well-informed sources, there will even be a David Lynch feature film which has been completely off the radar and stars Laura Dern — either as a cameo or a supporting role — along with some other Lynch regulars.'

Variety

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, chappy said:

Saw the new Fantastic Beasts film earlier, enjoyed it, the best of the three so far I’d say.

In fairness the Mariana Trench is the only place lower than that bar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, chappy said:

Saw the new Fantastic Beasts film earlier, enjoyed it, the best of the three so far I’d say.

Yeah just got in from watching it and it's comfortably the best one so far (I have enjoyed them all to be fair).

Mads Mikkelsen and Jude Law both put in a good shift and Yates can do the Potter vibe in his sleep by now.

• Like 1

Seeing as it is a bank holiday Friday, a brief return to guess the film from the line….

Film, actor and character and game loosely associated please 

“I thought you would be taller”

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Seeing as it is a bank holiday Friday, a brief return to guess the film from the line….

Dunno about any game but it reminded me of Humphrey Bogarts entrance in The Big Sleep...

Carmen Sternwood to Phillip Marlowe, "you're not very tall are you"

Marlowe, "well, I, uh, I try to be"

25 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Dunno about any game but it reminded me of Humphrey Bogarts entrance in The Big Sleep...

Carmen Sternwood to Phillip Marlowe, "you're not very tall are you"

Marlowe, "well, I, uh, I try to be"

Good answer but no mate, this films prequel has been mentioned a few times recently in another thread😉

clue - one of the lead supporting actors in the prequel had a unlikely martial arts series in the 80’s betraying his western roots (cryptic) 

i now need the actor and the name of the series in addition to the initial question 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

All I got is Road House, but that one was 'I thought you would be bigger'.

It's a good one...

• Like 1

Â