The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 26/03/2022 at 10:25, Seat68 said:

I was thinking this week that Bruce Willis must have retired as I don't see him in anything of note over the past few films. Turns out he puts out 7 or 8 films a year. They don't seem to do anything. Did he fall from grace?

You were 4 days early mate, his daughter has announced today that he has retired from acting as he has been diagnosed with aphasia and is suffering from cognitive issues

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Further to the conversation about Bruce retiring from the other day and people questioning why he has been in such terrible films, apparently its been an open secret in Hollywood for some years that he's been struggling and he's been having to wear ear pieces on set so people can help him with his lines during his scenes.

As for Top Gun 2 - I'd rather have a needle inserted slowly into my bell end for two hours tbh.

I didn't get the appeal of the first one (awful awful awful) and that just looks like more of the same with better aerial shots.

I did laugh at the bit in the trailer where it shows Miles Teller as the son of 'Goose' - and as they really want to smash that home then of course, OF COURSE he has to have a moustache just like his dad...kinell 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

As for Top Gun 2 - I'd rather have a needle inserted slowly into my bell end for two hours tbh.

"Sounding" like an odd pastime :)

spacer.png

• Like 2

eros8.jpg

Eros + Massacre (Yoshishige Yoshida) - Interesting film from the Japanese New Wave, pretty unique, I liked it.

2a009c3b1962729b6f2ee72f7f7984cc0f6b33e3

The Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting (Raul Ruiz) - Inventive film, reminded me a a little of Last Year At Marienbad and Peter Greenaway's 'A Walk Through H: The Reincarnation of an Ornithologist'.

Edited by useless

I dip in and out of this thread, so apologies if it's already been discussed but who has seen Mass? Two couples meet to discuss a tragedy involving their sons. Excellent writing, unobtrusive direction, excellent performances. So, so good. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I dip in and out of this thread, so apologies if it's already been discussed but who has seen Mass? Two couples meet to discuss a tragedy involving their sons. Excellent writing, unobtrusive direction, excellent performances. So, so good. 

Very good film with 4 outstanding performances.

• Like 1

Â