The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

12 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

All I got is Road House, but that one was 'I thought you would be bigger'.

It's a good one...

I expected you to get this😉

Clue - the release of the film was a good year for followers of the main focus of this site, the prequel release date however was a very good year for the same 

Edited by Follyfoot

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Seeing as it is a bank holiday Friday, a brief return to guess the film from the line….

Film, actor and character and game loosely associated please 

“I thought you would be taller”

Kurt Russell as Snake Plisken (escape from New York/L.A?) - tenuously linked game Metal Gear Solid?!? 

(seems a @Follyfoot type of movie, minus Scott Adkins 😅

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Kurt Russell as Snake Plisken (escape from New York/L.A?) - tenuously linked game Metal Gear Solid?!? 

(seems a @Follyfoot type of movie, minus Scott Adkins 😅

Excellent, but can you answer part b regarding the co star of Escape to NY

This was the running joke in Escape to LA. In NY it was  ‘i thought you were dead’

NY  is a classic 

Edited by Follyfoot

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Part B?!? 

clue - one of the lead supporting actors in the prequel had a unlikely martial arts series in the 80’s betraying his western roots (cryptic) 

i now need the actor and the name of the series in addition to the initial question 

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

clue - one of the lead supporting actors in the prequel had a unlikely martial arts series in the 80’s betraying his western roots (cryptic) 

i now need the actor and the name of the series in addition to the initial question 

Admittedly I had to research it but do not recall Lee Van Cleef making that series (or the program itself!)

that’s a very niche question 😂

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Excellent, but can you answer part b regarding the co star of Escape to NY

This was the running joke in Escape to LA. In NY it was  ‘i thought you were dead’

NY  is a classic 

No idea but Adrienne Barbeau had magnificent jubblys back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Admittedly I had to research it but do not recall Lee Van Cleef making that series (or the program itself!)

that’s a very niche question 😂

All interrelated to the main question 👍

He played a Ninja master in the ‘Master’ canned after 1 series, it was shite 🤣 Was on ITV about 11pm every Thursday

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

All interrelated to the main question 👍

He played a Ninja master in the ‘Master’ canned after 1 series, it was shite 🤣 Was on ITV about 11pm every Thursday

I am oblivious to the film but is it Carradine, he did Kung Fu and that sort of nonsense. Haven't watched escape to new York so without googling it's purely a guess. 

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I expected you to get this😉

There's a good reason I didn't.

The original is easily one of my favourite movies and I could probably quote the whole thing in my sleep.

LA however, was a **** travesty which after my first viewing on release I have completely blocked out 😄

Keep em coming though, I bloody love a good movie question.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The original is easily one of my favourite movies and I could probably quote the whole thing in my sleep.

LA however, was a **** travesty which after my first viewing on release I have completely blocked out 😄

Yes, do Hell Drivers again, I got that one last time Mr.follyfoot

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

It’s really hard to get a quote that is not easily found on google, if I had gone with ‘I thought you were dead’ it would have gone in minutes but the link to the video game kind of brought the first film into play, also being able to link a bizarre Lee Van Cleef reference was fun as were the Villa years of 1981 and 1996👍

Will try to do one every Friday 

• Like 2

Stumbled across an absolute gem of an action movie today. It’s a Norwegian film called last man down, it has more than a hint of commando, Rambo, rocky etc the lead bad Guy would been a better choice for Bale in the last Batman movie and the lead bad woman looks like Laura Woods on steroids. Some great one-liners from our whispering hero. If you like 80s action films this is an absolute must. His female accomplice is also well fit to peak @Phil Silvers attention 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Stumbled across an absolute gem of an action movie today. It’s a Norwegian film called last man down, it has more than a hint of commando, Rambo, rocky etc the lead bad Guy would been a better choice for Bale in the last Batman movie and the lead bad woman looks like Laura Woods on steroids. Some great one-liners from our whispering hero. If you like 80s action films this is an absolute must. His female accomplice is also well fit to peak @Phil Silvers attention 

Sounds brilliant. Will check.

• Like 1

Speaking of low budget action movies I have to recommend Dog Soldiers. Great "last stand" action movie about some Brittish soldiers stuck fighting werewolves in the wilderness. It sounds cheesy, it is cheesy, but also so damn charming and entertaining.

• Like 3

Â