The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It is/isn't. 

You could just go before the end probaly end up none the wiser either way.

For me, it was pretty cool and sets up where the next one is going.

Casuals might watch it and not even know what's going on, but if you know, then it's quite important imo.

It's an Easter egg with a hint of actual story! 

Ah ok. 

Ill happily miss it then as I couldn’t care less where the next one is going :) 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah ok. 

In the f**king sea.

AMIRITE !?!?!

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah ok. 

What's wrong with you man?!

The fate of the universe is hanging in the balance and YOU DON'T EVEN CARE!?

It's people like you that will make us slaves to our new Alien overlords :P

Marvel changed it up and did the mid credit scene which added a bit of story (which a lot of the time doesnt fit in with the main story so doesnt work)

Im ok with that

End of full credits scene where for 30 seconds the avengers are eating some kebab thing that im not actually sure anyone knows what it is

Nope 

Just back from infinity war... if you’ve liked any of the previous marvels you’ll enjoy this.

Spoiler

Yes we all know the ending means the second one will have a large aspect of the time stone... but even still, DID NOT SEE that coming 

Thanos is a really good bad guy.

Gutted Loki was killed off so early 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

The Disaster Artist was very good indeed. 

It's unbelievable that it's based on true events! Must watch The Room now

Yeah I watched it earlier this week and really enjoyed it.

Ended up liking Tommy a lot - what a character and it's all true!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just back from infinity war... if you’ve liked any of the previous marvels you’ll enjoy this.

Hide contents

Yes we all know the ending means the second one will have a large aspect of the time stone... but even still, DID NOT SEE that coming 

Thanos is a really good bad guy.

Gutted Loki was killed off so early 

Infinity war. Really enjoyable film. Tonnes of action and thanos is excellent. Dr strange was great in this movie. Although wierd that antman and Hawkeye were nowhere to be seen.

Spoiler

Obviously means a time stone will be based on second  as deaths of Spiderman, Dr strange, the guardian's, black panther and nick fury.

What was really strange and confusing it just picked a bunch of random fighters to die.

Captain marvel is well is so lame. If thor, hulk can't do anything to thanos she has absolutely no chance. I thought shazzam might have been the one nick fury was beeping. Was a big time disappointment. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Infinity war. Really enjoyable film. Tonnes of action and thanos is excellent. Dr strange was great in this movie. Although wierd that antman and Hawkeye were nowhere to be seen.

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously means a time stone will be based on second  as deaths of Spiderman, Dr strange, the guardian's, black panther and nick fury.

What was really strange and confusing it just picked a bunch of random fighters to die.

Captain marvel is well is so lame. If thor, hulk can't do anything to thanos she has absolutely no chance. I thought shazzam might have been the one nick fury was beeping. Was a big time disappointment. 

Well he is very small...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I've heard they're going to make Captain Marvel really strong, one of the most strongest in the MCU. The end credits usually relate to the next Marvel instalment so expected the Captain Marvel message, but agree Shazzam would have been awesome 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Wasn’t it just the original avengers left (obviously of just known characters).

I suppose it’s just meant to be a random 50%, but it’s very convenient IRon man, Cap, Romanov, Hulk  and Thor all survived

I went in worried about the film. I just figured it would let me down, it would be too cluttered with that many characters. But it was as good as I could've hoped for. Even some of the lesser characters were fantastic. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:
  Hide contents

Wasn’t it just the original avengers left (obviously of just known characters).

I suppose it’s just meant to be a random 50%, but it’s very convenient IRon man, Cap, Romanov, Hulk  and Thor all survived

Spoiler

I think scarlet Johansson  survived too. Would have made more sense for it to have been the original avengers.

It's ashame sont own xmen as they would have been handy in this 

42 minutes ago, sne said:

A quick question, mentioned this in the match thread.

But is this Avengers Infinity war brouhaha the reason Thor is out injured?

What you need to do it sit through 20 mins of interminable post film credits and all will (or won't) be revealed in a 5 second 'teaser'. 

The stinger at the end of infinity war wasn't really worth the wait for me. Anyone invested in the series will already know about it anyway, and those who aren't won't get it. Plus the very last scene before the credits role is superb, and a great way to end before leaving the auditorium. 

Great movie by the way. I think how much of a legacy it has depends massively on the next Avengers film of course, but there's potential in it to be a film that is talked about and applauded for years to come.

Absolutely. INFINITY War spoiler in case you didn't assume so already

Spoiler

If they retcon  Everyone, it would be a waste. I'm expecting at least one or two major deaths. Probably Steve Rogers. And I assume Vision Heimdall and Loki stay dead. Gamora I'm unsure of but it would be a meaty decision to do so. Suspect Thanos may actually save her mind. 

But I didn't think the dust deaths were intended to be an emotional cliffhanger as we all now they will be back, more of a general intrigue.

I find it laughable that Marvel didn't want it to be too much of an obvious part 1 type story, mind.

Edited by Rodders

Â