The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Avengers was really good, I thought would have been a crammed mess though one major character got very little screen time or things to do 

Tom Holland though is easily the best Spiderman for me, while Tobey Maguire seemed a rocket polisher and Andrew Garfield has little charisma. Holland is clearly enjoying himself

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If I see Infinity War, which is likely, I'll proudly be the guy that gets up and leaves as soon as the credits start. Can't be dealing with that nonsense.

You sound like one of the blokes that leave the villa 5 mins before the end when it's still 1-1! Don't be one of those guys. 

I'm mean free choice, but this one is fairly important to the story. 

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

You sound like one of the blokes that leave the villa 5 mins before the end when it's still 1-1! Don't be one of those guys. 

I don't mind Easter eggs at the end of the credits, but putting something fairly important to the storyline there is a rocket polisher move plain and simple.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't mind Easter eggs at the end of the credits, but putting someone fairly important to the storyline there is a rocket polisher move plain and simple.

But they've been doing it for 10 years?! Granted some were a bit of misdirection or a bit of fun, but if you've followed the plot running through them then you know it's probably best to wait until the end!

It might annoy some, but it's part and parcel of the films. Knowing this, then going and leaving before the end is barmy! 

Just now, wazzap24 said:

But they've been doing it for 10 years?! Granted some were a bit of misdirection or a bit of fun, but if you've followed the plot running through them then you know it's probably best to wait until the end!

It might annoy some, but it's part and parcel of the films. Knowing this, then going and leaving before the end is barmy!

If it's a well-established thing that they always do, then that may be slightly different, although they're not totally off the hook :)  I was commenting as someone who didn't know that, and would quite easily walk out once the credits roll, and miss something important that I wasn't even realising I was missing.

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

the credits are a full 8 minutes long too. It does take the piss a bit. 

At least the best boy and the grip get their moment of recognition.

Edited by choffer

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

**** that. If it’s important to the story then put it in the film. Not after 10 minutes of credits. 

That’s dumb as shit. 

• Like 2

On the subject of the little Easter egg teaser things during the credits, you sit through them at the cinema the first time you watch the film. Ok, I get that.

Later on, when you watch the film again, at home or wherever, do you sit through the credits again to watch the teaser bit? Or do you just skip it?

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

On the subject of the little Easter egg teaser things during the credits, you sit through them at the cinema the first time you watch the film. Ok, I get that.

Later on, when you watch the film again, at home or wherever, do you sit through the credits again to watch the teaser bit? Or do you just skip it?

Skip it. They are a one time deal. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

**** that. If it’s important to the story then put it in the film. Not after 10 minutes of credits. 

That’s dumb as shit. 

It's not dumb, it's just what Marvel do! 

Anyway, I should've left it ;) :D

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remember when credits used to be accompanied by Jackie Chan forgetting his lines or accidentally kicking the wrong person in the face. Happier times. 

Or Wayne’s World which seemed to take the piss out of post credit footage before it was common place.

Sample dialogue (in lieu of a decent clip) -

Wayne - All right. Well that's all the time we have for our movie. We hope you found it entertaining, whimsical and yet relevant, with an underlined revisionist conceit that belie the film's emotional attachments to the subject matter.

Garth - I just hope you didn't think it sucked.

8 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

No, you're their spokesman now.  You'll take all this criticism on the chin boyo! :D  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I know marvel do Easter eggs after the credits. That’s fine. 

But if they’ve started doing parts of the actual movie then that is dumb

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I know marvel do Easter eggs after the credits. That’s fine. 

But if they’ve started doing parts of the actual movie then that is dumb

It is/isn't. 

You could just go before the end probaly end up none the wiser either way.

For me, it was pretty cool and sets up where the next one is going.

Casuals might watch it and not even know what's going on, but if you know, then it's quite important imo.

It's an Easter egg with a hint of actual story! 

Â