• Ramsey
    • McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Diaby (Kamara 64)
    • Tielemans (Bailey 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/24 at 23:59

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Unai's subs have been emblematic of our poor form lately. I've disagreed with them for a little while but he has more than enough credit in the bank.

Today though, we got worse every time he interfered with the team on the pitch. He set us up well, the game plan was spot on. We played well. So my vote of "Poor" is definitely harsh.

But aside from missed chances, I feel like the players mostly did their job today, substitutions let them down and cost us 3 vital points in what could very likely be a crucial 6 Pointer

Taking off Bailey when he did was a strange one, would've at least kept him on until 85 minutes unless he was feeling something. Guess he was a bit worried we'd be too open if it turned end to end but you'd have thought the four on together would've created a few more serious chances with space to run into.

Would've also got Pau and Digne on with 10 minutes left just to freshen up the backline.

It's difficult though as we did play well for most of that match compared to the previous two home games where we were two down at half time, didn't do anything and then endless subs came on at 0-3 down.

Didn’t deserve to lose that. Sky got the result they wanted. Fail to comprehend how the same offence results in a yellow for us and nothing for them. They even wasted two minutes of injury time with subs and he added on 30 seconds.

If it’s an even playing field, I would still back us over them to finish higher. Their defence is garbage. We just need Konsa and Torres back quickly!

• Like 4

ShouId have won. Not clinical enough up front. Not good enough out of possession. That's not just on defence but midfield have had such soft underbelly lately

We miss that steel in midfield. So powder puff.. we need balls in that central area massively.

We cannot rest Doug or Bouba and it shows. They're knackered.

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

The ref was again awful. Really well summed up when McTominay jumps into the away fans and doesn’t get booked. 

Or Maguire wrestling McGinn.

It doesn't always take a wrong massive call, just lots of small ones give them the edge. No offside here, a phantom foul there...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Or Maguire wrestling McGinn.

It doesn't always take a wrong massive call, just lots of small ones give them the edge. No offside here, a phantom foul there...

You’re describing their first goal. 

I do love how Sky have given up even the idea of unbiased broadcasting. They stick Neville on every United game and he talks like most 7 year old United fans. And even he (almost) said Rashford dived. Keane said it straight out at HT. 

• Like 1

Can’t express how f**ked off i am about that result, like im sitting here raging!!! … everyone around me are united fans and for as long as I remember this f**king bas***d mancunian club ALWAYS do us over… brightons and Bournemouths can beat them like its nothing and we always f**king lose !!! FFS 😤

Very frustrating. We should really have been good for 3 or 4 goals but we have lost the incisiveness in front of goal that we had earlier in the season and we gave away two soft goals through being outmuscled and poor organisation at the centre of our defence. Disappointed in Ollie Watkins today, if ever there was a time to step up…

Fair play to United, they counterattacked successfully and made the most of the few chances they earned. 

Bit worried about Kamara. Looked like he twisted his leg very awkwardly.

At least there were some positives to take from this, not like the capitulations to Newcastle and Chelsea. 

But we have to find a way to improve conversion of chances created or we are going to have a comparatively disappointing end to the season.

• Like 2

How on earth do we lose that? Football can be so cruel at times.

Hope this doesn't derail our end of season entirely.

Edited by vreitti

26 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Mad thing is, if our season was gonna falter I would expect it away at Palace or Fulham....Luton even....but at home against the sky 6 we usually raise our game.

Even when we expect the unexpected, we're expecting the expected, it seems. That's why I just decide always to expect wins every single time, and most of the time, Villa pleasantly surprise me. Not today.

23 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

xG of 2.5 to 1.8 to Villa.

What do we get for that?

You get a big fat golden zero.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

See some sharpening their knives for Unai now. We really are a fickle bunch.

I don’t think anyone is honestly questions Emery. People might be questioning some of his decisions but not much more. 

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Cack. We're cack lately. Unai has to be responsible for our poor form lately at some stage, just as he was credited for our great run last year. 

We're not getting Champions League unless City get a huge points deduction.

Sorry your comment is cack (never typed that word before) we lost we didn’t play badly. Clearly doubting the manager, care to suggest a replacement?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Just noticed that 3 people have marked Emery’s performance as “very poor”.

...However, I have been waiting for people to start turning on the manager since our form dropped off ...

It's a bitter loss. People feels. Waiting for fans "to start turning" on an Premier League manager is like waiting for the moon to appear in the night sky. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Â