• Ramsey
    • McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Diaby (Kamara 64)
    • Tielemans (Bailey 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/24 at 23:59

5 hours ago, striker said:

Yes I did say Bailey is better as an impact sub and will stick to that although he was still creating a lot of problems for Man U. I just felt due to those problems Man U we’re glad to see him hooked.

I agree with you on all counts - it was the time in the game you'd expect him to have faded, but he hadn't, he was still a handful. I don't know what sort of in-game metrics they get for the devices they have, but perhaps they could see the drop off coming - it did seem a shame to see him go off though.

5 hours ago, striker said:

Since Kamara also joins the injury list Tim should play more even if Emery wants to change it a little. I’d also like to see Rogers played against Fulham. Could be the ideal game to bring both in and give someone a rest?

I think there's definitely something in that - on the one hand there's the argument for not throwing Tim in, but on the other hand, he's going to be needed so we should be looking to get him on the field as much as we can, the more experience we can give him in the system, the better he'll be - a tricky balance.

Not sure on Rodgers as I think that would mean replacing one of Bailey/Diaby or Ramsey and I think with Kamara out, the extra working bit Ramsey puts in will be really useful, he's a midfielder first, whereas the other three are more attacking - I'm not sure how we'll work it with Rogers because I can't see him dropping both of Bailey and Diaby for him and they already cover each other for rest - I am of course working on the assumption that Watkins is an unstoppable machine who never tires or gets injured (and in the words of the man falling from the tall building, so far, so good).

We're light in some key positions, but in terms of players who can play the support striker role, I reckon there are six or seven available even with Buendia out - I guess the opportunity was to get the player rather than strengthen the position, but it seems an odd purchase in terms of our squad strength.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MichaelB said:

Does anyone know the attendance from Sunday? I can't find it in the different match reports.

They take a week or two to come out now, the club likes to thoroughly heck the figures before releasing them to the press.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MichaelB said:

Does anyone know the attendance from Sunday? I can't find it in the different match reports.

Not less than 40,000 and not more than 42,500.

Not being funny but seriously, who cares? Why is this important to anyone after a crushing loss?

Edited by est1874

On 14/02/2024 at 19:46, est1874 said:

Not less than 40,000 and not more than 42,500.

Not being funny but seriously, who cares? Why is this important to anyone after a crushing loss?

A lot of people keep Villa stats. It's a hobby. Not being funny but seriously, why do you care enough to post about it?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

A lot of people keep Villa stats. It's a hobby. Not being funny but seriously, why do you care enough to post about it?

Wow, good to know, thanks for clearing that up.

Â