• Ramsey
    • McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Diaby (Kamara 64)
    • Tielemans (Bailey 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/24 at 23:59

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Our top 3 CB’s are out injured in Mings, Konsa and while in the bench Pau isn’t ready. Digne is just coming back from injury so Moreno definitely plays and Cash is our only senior RB….so injuries are the reason because we can’t change anybody.

That doesn't defend the rubbish defending and school boy stuff. What is Pau on the bench for then last 2 games if his not fit ?. You aren't going to win much matches conceding 8 goals last 3 home games.problem is we keep conceding the same mistakes and sloppy goals last 3 home games we're not learning. It was so important not to concede early , and we did. That last goal was laughable.  Defending was poor mate . Lack of leadership costs us too. We had chances didn't take them , but defend like that we aren't going to win much matches mate 8 goals last 3 home matches conceded that's killing us.

Edited by ozvilla28

4 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

That doesn't defend the rubbish defending and school boy stuff. What is Pau on the bench for then last 2 games if his not fit ?. You aren't going to win much matches conceding 8 goals last 3 home games.problem is we keep conceding the same mistakes and sloppy goals last 3 home games we're not learning. It was so important not to concede early , and we did. That last goal was laughable.  Defending was poor mate . Lack of leadership costs us too. We had chances didn't take them , but defend like that we aren't going to win much matches mate 8 goals last 3 home matches conceded that's killing us.

We keep conceding the same goals because we have the same shit defenders. It’s very straightforward. 

• Like 2

Gutted. On the balance of play we deserved the win.

Encouraged that Unai managed to instil more fight in them today and got things tactically good.

But the players were the ones who let us down today by not putting away their chances. We had enough to put the game to bed very early on. Not good enough.

Edited by maltesemike

54 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Fans were absolutely brilliant! I have thought it sounded flat and dead for a long time at Villa Park, but tonight was magical. Big kudos to everyone that was present imo.

Still think we should be looking at 4th. Plenty still to play and I hope this loss galvanizes us, because we deserved a win here.

Absolutely! 4th place is still achievable. As long as we maintain that kind of mentality that was on offer today, it won't be long before we're back on a winning run.

The crowd are no fools, they sensed the appetite was back today, hence, the vociferous Holte - End. 

Still plenty to be optimistic about  

• Like 1

Proud of the team. We played well and on another day could have scored 5 times. It's easy to forget how far we've come so soon. Just poor finishing on the day cost us, but football has it's ups and downs. We just have to stay behind them.

As for the scumbags we played against, I'll try not to say how I really feel about them so I'm not banned from here but I'll just say the day that club gets liquidated will be a very happy day.

The referee; I honestly don't think you can be that bad at your job without being corrupt. But as always, they can turn up, do whatever the hell they like and then have nobody to answer to. If anyone dares criticise them, they get a touchline ban. How can they ever improve if they aren't even made to face up to their mistakes?

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

Gutted by the result (though it's not a surprise against this lot), encouraged by the performance.

If, IF, we can can beat Fulham, I could see 3 wins on the spin. 

Play like we did today (but bring more clinical) & we'll be just fine.

Brutal couple of weeks.Torres back then Konsa and we’re looking up again. Better team today but those words removeds somehow did us again.Gutted now but judge it after Fulham and Forest.

Onana (and De Gea before him) have had more than enough nightmare performances for man ure......but you can guarantee they play worldies when we show up 😠

• Like 1

Disagree with Emery when he said we controlled the transition. I thought that was where we were at our most vulnerable. 17 shots from them seems evidence enough that we got caught time and again.

Also, is it me or has the meticulous line drawing for offsides suddenly disappeared? I thought there was a chance their winner might be chalked off when the ball was played through to Mainoo (I think) who then knocked it back for Dalot to cross. 

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Gutted by the result (though it's not a surprise against this lot), encouraged by the performance.

If, IF, we can can beat Fulham, I could see 3 wins on the spin. 

Play like we did today (but bring more clinical) & we'll be just fine.

See, this is the issue with hope. 

after city and arsenal, I only saw us extending our home win record and look how it turned out 

huge few weeks coming up 

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m proud of the players and the fans today.  I’m also very drunk. Damn you Villa I’ve got work tomorrow!

It really does hurt sometimes. But unconditional love is what it is. And, I've always felt blessed that this "Giant Historic Football Club" found me.

VTID!

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

It really does hurt sometimes. But unconditional love is what it is. And, I've always felt blessed that this "Giant Historic Football Club" found me.

VTID!

I took my 9 year old today for her 5th game this season and it’s first defeat she’s seen.  Asked if she wants to go Spurs game. No hesitation when saying Yes!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

I’m hoping you know we have 3 centre halves injured.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I took my 9 year old today for her 5th game this season and it’s first defeat she’s seen.  Asked if she wants to go Spurs game. No hesitation when saying Yes!

It's such a contagious club. I imagine she may be saying to her nine year old one day, "it was at your age that I fell in love with this club," 

I really hope we can still watch the Villa in the afterlife. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Jesus wept, We have some knob head fans don't we. 

Yes we do! Any fan that isn’t upset but still upbeat today can **** off. We are getting top 5. I’m sure of it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Â