• Ramsey
    • McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Diaby (Kamara 64)
    • Tielemans (Bailey 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/24 at 23:59

Unai's subs have been emblematic of our poor form lately. I've disagreed with them for a little while but he has more than enough credit in the bank.

Today though, we got worse every time he interfered with the team on the pitch. He set us up well, the game plan was spot on. We played well. So my vote of "Poor" is definitely harsh.

But aside from missed chances, I feel like the players mostly did their job today, substitutions let them down and cost us 3 vital points in what could very likely be a crucial 6 Pointer

3 minutes ago, KillieVillain said:

Really frustrating loss tonight, unlike the defeats to Newcastle & Chelsea who were better on the day , we played well & were the  better team  , a draw was the least we deserved but a combination of us not taking numerous chances & United having some sort of weird hold over us did us in the end . Totally gutted ! 

Same here. It was very disappointing. We played really well, apart from not getting our goals in the back of the net. Not sure if we’ve got the quality right now with the injuries to make it to the champions league, but we still need to keep striving for it. I don’t really see a lack of effort. I feel like our players must be frustrated too.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

I'll leave the self-flagellation to those who enjoy that sort of thing, and only say Villa were well worth the point they seemed to have in the bag, but they wanted all three.

Definitely lacked someone to organise the defence for corners, and Cash did badly for the killer.

Villa lacked the quality for their final ball and finish.

The referee was inconsistent, but it was United and so you can't expect anything else.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That idea to cancel the North stand as we didn't want a stand missing for the Champions league next season is starting to look a bit arrogant and silly now.

And our form since they announced that is down the toilet. Probably not related but the feel good factor is gone for me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

To lose to this bunch of cheating words removed is one thing, to lose when we should have won is another.

It's happened before and it'll happen again, sadly. As I said, may as well just psychologically prepare yourself for a loss every time regardless of performance.

Just now, sne said:

And our form since they announced that is down the toilet. Probably not related but the feel good factor is gone for me.

"Probably not related"

There's no probably about it. It's not related.

Not blaming Unai for this. His job is to work out how to get us into the final third, the players job is to finish.  We squandered so many chances to win that comfortably. Watkins and Luiz squandered at least two each.   Frustrating for us and him.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Sick of it! Lose so often to them. It doesn't matter how bad their team play it's the same result.

They are not really that bad anymore, ain't laost a game this year.

Just now, Xela said:

Better performance but still disappointing. 

We massively overachieved early doors this season, it seems its levelling out. 

Our squad isn't good enough for top 4... yet. 

Problem is this may have been our chance and its slipping away.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Better performance but still disappointing. 

We massively overachieved early doors this season, it seems its levelling out. 

Our squad isn't good enough for top 4... yet. 

Our first 11 maybe, our squad, your bang on!

Taking Bailey off when he was killing them on their left stank of playing for a point. We created enough chances. Watkins off day. Then sucker punched. At least the performance was better 

Lol at the good rating for the ref 🤣🤣🤣 must have been watching a different game. 

Some real questionable decisions, how that faced ****er didn't get booked for that 2 footer on Bailey!

Carlos pretty much getting his shirt pulled off him. If that was in the other goal it would have been a penalty.

Anyway, some good play, wastful finishing from Watkins. On another day he would have had a hat trick. 

Ramsey was bright and looked to get forward.

Cash was OK, just a frustrating player, Bailey must get so annoyed with him! 

We looked awful when defending corners. Slab head won every header. Hopefully Pau coming back will give the defence a well needed confidence boost.

• Like 1

Mad thing is, if our season was gonna falter I would expect it away at Palace or Fulham....Luton even....but at home against the sky 6 we usually raise our game.

Â