• Ramsey
    • McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Diaby (Kamara 64)
    • Tielemans (Bailey 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/24 at 23:59

Ok so Emery has just said Bailey’s substitution was tactical.

Manager has to take a lot of criticism for that as he was Villa’s main threat.

Concerning the rest of the game apart from the first twenty Villa were the better team but just weren’t clinical enough in front of goal.

Playing any other team some of those chances would have been taken but it’s habitual against Man U so it must, must, come down to character and temperament when playing Manchester United even though they are without doubt the worst Utd side in recent history. Villa have still managed to lose twice against them this season but have beaten City and Arsenal. 

Noted one or two on here saying that 5th was secure after the Chelsea game. Think again. Villa’s character within the team is shaky at best so with Man U now closing it wouldn’t surprise me to see the slide continue.

Emery looked **** furious post match so it will be up to him to improve the temperament by bringing more winners into the side in the summer.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, smg said:

Sorry your comment is cack (never typed that word before) we lost we didn’t play badly. Clearly doubting the manager, care to suggest a replacement?

🙄

I love him.

He's also got plenty wrong lately.

Both of these things are fair, allowed, and true.

Doesn't mean I want to **** replace him 🙄🙄

Edited by est1874

Just in more pissed off than I was against Newcastle, that game was there for the taking and again we can’t convert the chances, Really need both Torres and Digne starting against Fulham, shambolic defending for there winner 

Expected a loss no matter the performance. We were the better team and desrerved the win, loss all the same. 

Missed our chances defended poorly when it mattered. 

Ever since we got a last second equaliser to spare blushes at home against last place Sheffield United, the only league wins we've managed are outscoring awful Burnley by a goal while conceding 2, and the sugar rush 5-0 result against last place Sheffield United.

During this timeframe, (3 days before Christmas until today 😬), we bottled a second half 2-0 lead to Man Utd at Old Trafford in a humiliating walk down memory lane, couldn't score and drew 0-0 against a poor Everton team, couldn't score and drew 0-0 against a mediocre Chelsea team, lost by 2 goals at home against a depleted and struggling Newcastle side, scored one late consolation goal at home while losing to Chelsea by 2 goals in an FA Cup replay implosion, and finally, today's bottling of a point at home against one of our two CL qualification rivals. 

And yet somehow we are still in 5th place. 

We had a chance to go top of the league at home vs the last place team and bottled it, and we've looked incredibly shaky since. I'm worried about team unity, how the manager will respond, will the players lose belief and hang their heads, will they tune out Emery and drop tools...

They didn't play badly today, but you could see Jekyll and Hyde the entire 90 minutes. We need to sort it out fast because we are inching closer to a potential tailspin out of the CL contention.

McGinn MOTM

Ollie frustratingly passive when the ball was played to him, on several occasions.

Ramsey got sharper as the game progressed, but very frustrating first half. Other players also spurned chances too. We could've scored 6 or more goals today with all the opportunities we had in their box.

And of course, of the maybe three opportunities United had to score, they score two.

On the balance of play, we deserved at LEAST a point, but we couldn't even see that out.

I'm hoping the Super Bowl tonight can take my mind off Villa. I'll probably watch until the commercials start caving my head in.

I still have faith that we can qualify for the CL and win the Europa Conference. We know we are better than what this run of flakey results might suggest.

Right? 

:unsure:

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, smg said:

Plenty of time to find a new club to follow (note didn’t say support)

You're really on a high horse today aren't you?

Your absolutism is showing.

It's possible to support a team and be utterly pissed off at them. It's also possible to like a manager and think he got stuff wrong.

Your narrow view of things is the problem, not people expressing doubts based on recent form.

Created more and played better than we have weeks but still lost. We just never seem to get any luck against United. Football can be cruel at times and for one reason or another it’s also seems to be cruelest against them. 

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You're really on a high horse today aren't you?

Your absolutism is showing.

It's possible to support a team and be utterly pissed off at them. It's also possible to like a manager and think he got stuff wrong.

Your narrow view of things is the problem, not people expressing doubts based on recent form.

You’ve got me there, absolutism ?

Oh well, should have had 6 points off these lot and have none... much better performance than the last few at home.

The first goal looked off side, the ref has a utd tattoo on his arse.

Why was Bailey subbed and how bad must their 2nd choice goalie be cos Onana is total shite. Utd fans from abroad in the home end.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not the ref’s fault that Villa lost the game. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Apart from the first twenty Villa were the better team but failed to take their chances!

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've seen that exact game probably 25 times at Villa Park. I could count on 1 hand the number of times they've deserved to win and I'm **** sick of it. 

Yup. Wouldn't have happened if we'd bothered to take a small percentage of the chances we had.

• Like 1