• Ramsey
    • McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Diaby (Kamara 64)
    • Tielemans (Bailey 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/24 at 23:59

12 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Belays how well we played and how shit we feel about not winning. 

Much better shape, threat, progression. Just shit in the boxes. 

......but thats the crucial bit.....In the boxes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jim said:

Pathetic. 3 losses at home on the bounce throwing away our best opportunity to get CL.

I don't think its pathetic Jim....but there is surely enough evidence, to suggest that there is much work ahead.

Our squad is neither deep enough or diverse enough.

Man U clearly have weapons like McTominay, who can impose themselves, like he did, and its not the first time......ours are more of the same, when they come on.

We lost the game, in the 2 boxes.....but in terms of the rest of the pitch there was some good work, even if some of it, was a bit self indulgent at times....there are moments when we need to go more direct.

Its clear, teams like united, just concentrate on our weaknesses, and playing open football, can sometimes turn in to a lottery, even though its kind on the eye.

I am not expecting, much this season, and with Kamara out, its looking even more bleak.....injuries to key players, are clearly killing us.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think its pathetic Jim....but there is surely enough evidence, to suggest that there is much work ahead.

Our squad is neither deep enough or diverse enough.

Man U clearly have weapons like McTominay, who can impose themselves, like he did, and its not the first time......ours are more of the same, when they come on.

We lost the game, in the 2 boxes.....but in terms of the rest of the pitch there was some good work, even if some of it, was a bit self indulgent at times....there are moments when we need to go more direct.

Its clear, teams like united, just concentrate on our weaknesses, and playing open football, can sometimes turn in to a lottery, even though its kind on the eye.

I am not expecting, much this season, and with Kamara out, its looking even more bleak.....injuries to key players, are clearly killing us.

It's been an awful season for injuries. Even with the best of squads you can't cover for long term injuries to Mings, Buendia, Torres plus now what looks like konsa  and kamara. All key players

I am still angry at that McTominay header, with the ease he bullied his way, on to it....The guy can't even get a regular starting spot....its puny and naive.

Folk, moot, better teams and more expensive players.....thats just basic heading ability, and will to win the duel.

We had the same a few seasons ago with Kieffer Moore, tearing us a new one.....We have to be able to deal with this, better than we are...its becoming an achilles heal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I don't.

Their first goal came from Watkins switching off at a corner and leaving Rasmus onside.

The ones from Chelsea (at least the first 2) came from horrible turnovers by Kamara

The ones from Newcastle (at least the first 2) came from horrible set piece defending from corners

Newcastle aside - it's not the central defenders who are culpable.

You don't think Nicolas Jackson being totally unmarked in the centre of the goal when Chelsea scored their second is a CB's responsibility?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Did MOTD or anyone highlight the penalty we were robbed of?

When was that?

MOTD highlights were bizarre. Missed out half of our chances while showing every single Man. United attack with half of them just being slow shots straight at Emi.

Then 4-5 of the chances then showed up in Warnock's analysis of the game, found that odd.

Anyone know what was going on with discriminatory chanting last night?

I'm not saying there was any, but they kept putting that message on the screens and over the PA that discriminatory chants and behaviour wouldn't be tolerated

Did something happen?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Anyone know what was going on with discriminatory chanting last night?

I'm not saying there was any, but they kept putting that message on the screens and over the PA that discriminatory chants and behaviour wouldn't be tolerated

Did something happen?

It seemed to me like they put that on when fernandes was walking toward the corner flag at the Holte 

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

When was that?

MOTD highlights were bizarre. Missed out half of our chances while showing every single Man. United attack with half of them just being slow shots straight at Emi.

Then 4-5 of the chances then showed up in Warnock's analysis of the game, found that odd.

I thought it was fair last night. Even though they didn't show too many of our chances including the Penalty shout. They really talked us up, saying we played really well and were the better team, which you have to admit, is rare against the 'big' teams, especially being that Man Poo won.

I guess it was also better, as it wasn't Lineker and Micah, saying how Man U will ofcourse get that 4th place because they are so great.

Like most on here got up this morning and felt absolutely sick Villa losing yesterday in the manner they did. Still angry at the substitution of Bailey. Therein lies the difference between Villa and Man U even in the Ferguson period. Manchester bring on subs to try and win the game while Villa do the complete opposite.

I agree that generally McTominay is not seen as an attacker but he has been scoring goals lately and his cameo was to push onto the weak Villa CBs whenever possible. Sadly it worked.

Emery got it wrong yesterday right from the off and compounded that further by settling for the draw when, yet again, Man U went for the win.

Its a mentality issue against Manchester United and Haag exploited it!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Like most on here got up this morning and felt absolutely sick Villa losing yesterday in the manner they did. Still angry at the substitution of Bailey. Therein lies the difference between Villa and Man U even in the Ferguson period. Manchester bring on subs to try and win the game while Villa do the complete opposite.

I agree that generally McTominay is not seen as an attacker but he has been scoring goals lately and his cameo was to push onto the weak Villa CBs whenever possible. Sadly it worked.

Emery got it wrong yesterday right from the off and compounded that further by settling for the draw when, yet again, Man U went for the win.

Its a mentality issue against Manchester United and Haag exploited it!

I read your posts and sometimes think you’re trolling us. Maybe it’s the fact you were a visiting supporter for so long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s the hope that kills you. I think I need a break from football.

It is, and more fool us.....some of the expectaion, is just fanciful.

I am going to shelve any expectation, and just nonchalantly, go down and watch the match, emotionally composed.

Take every game as it comes, and avoid any predicted achievements.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No, on Diego 

Jeez, I have not seen that. That is almost up there with the Spurs lad pullinhg Helenius Shorts down to his ankles. Still, nothing surprises me any more. I have more chance of winning the Euro Millions than us getting awarded a penalty against Man Utd.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

It is, and more fool us.....some of the expectaion, is just fanciful.

I am going to shelve any expectation, and just nonchalantly, go down and watch the match, emotionally composed.

Take every game as it comes, and avoid any predicted achievements.

Yep. Best way mate.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I read your posts and sometimes think you’re trolling us. Maybe it’s the fact you were a visiting supporter for so long.

I don't think he is trolling, he just has a view, different to some.

I can see some of his points.

Â