Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Where we are now and how well we are managed makes a huge difference as well, players will see how Rogers has been given a big chance and his sudden improvement and think I want a piece of that. 

When a club like 'the new us' comes in for a player they will be in their managers door saying I want to go, European games,  top 4 challenging and a dream manager/coach. 

• Like 1

He's incredibly strong when holding off players isnt he? Probably second only to McGinn in that respect. Also love how his body position is always right when receiving the ball. He has obviously had a good pedigree of coaching up to this point. And he will only get better. scary prospect

4 hours ago, tinker said:

Where we are now and how well we are managed makes a huge difference as well, players will see how Rogers has been given a big chance and his sudden improvement and think I want a piece of that. 

When a club like 'the new us' comes in for a player they will be in their managers door saying I want to go, European games,  top 4 challenging and a dream manager/coach. 

Indeed, other clubs CAN sign these types of players.

But could just as easily be faced with entering a struggling team, or be put on the bench/sent out on loan.

Here they will clearly see that there is a pathway for everyone to thrive.

"His confidence is growing, he's so strong, so powerful, he's even surprised me a bit when he first signed and his first time in training," McGinn said.

"But the last three or four games he's been outstanding. That's great to see, he's playing football with a smile on his face and I wish I was that good at his age."

"There a lot of players who have not been used to this kind of season," McGinn added. "I played a 60-plus game season with Hibs five or six years ago. And it was actually good.

"It wasn't easy but you get in a rhythm. This stage of the season can be difficult the other way when you have Saturday, Saturday and nothing to play for. That's when the motivation drops sometimes. But we have everything to play for.

"We will hopefully get some players back soon. I don't know about that, I've been too busy to notice but we have got the legs, we proved and we have the speed, power and hunger to keep going. Hopefully we will carry on."

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I can imagine McGinn going hard in training on him and him hitting a brick wall  . McGinn is a very strong  littlelun. Rogers is a very strong biggun. They remind .me of each other on the turn when the opposition is pulling their shirts and they just keep on going. 

Who would have thought he would be season changing player? Blimey even if this is the only good half a season in his life he will do something for us we haven't done in a long time. 

Genuinely think we might have a wonderkid on our hands here. There's a degree of rawness to his game still, but it feels very much like he's gonna be a world beater in a few years, the coaching he's already had to this point, Lord Unai working his magic, and Bailey, Diaby and Watkins to learn off too. 

Needs to be a bit more assured in possession and his pass choice needs work at times, but he has that brilliant knack of "I did shit the last 5 mins, but I'll meg this guy and score" attitude.

Very promising.

Â