Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Fair play to Monchi and Emery, we just got home early. Rather than allowed his value increase and attract more interest by summer. 

He himself must be enjoying this season immensely. Joining another new team in Boro and then getting to join Villa, then getting to play regularly and winning a European penalty shootout. 

Had a bit of an off game on Sat but still showed glimpses of his quality.   We did need him and Ollie to hold the ball up more on Saturday.  Surprised he wasn't subbed tbh.  

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I think he’ll end up there as well. I see this as his “young Thierry Henry out on the wing learning” phase :)

lol we can only hope

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tell you what, any one of those 3 goals alone are superb, all three of them by one player, what a player.

if any of the "big six" players had scored those 3 goals, the media would be jerking all over themselves about it.

His first is my favourite. The footwork to spin the defender *chef's kiss*

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

funny how things work out 

Might be worth trading Jack and $90M from them for Morgan now :)

Edited by jacksonho

It's definitely a good way to be doing business. Both were good buys financially and have proven to be great players who's fitted in very nicely. Moreno has been unlucky with injuries but I'm sure once he's had a pre season and can stay fit he'll be back to his best.

16 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

funny how things work out 

**** hell! I actually remember this as well but he was filed in my memory as “random city youngster” so hadn’t made the connection 

Thought he was our best player tonight. Final pass off a couple of times, but drove the team on and always wanted the ball. His movement is very good and pulls defenders out of position 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah he was my MOTM. Not that it was a particularly high bar

oddly i thought he struggled. A few moments in the attacking third but think either his fitness or poor defensive capabilities held us back.

Id have replaced him a lot sooner.

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Pure class this lad. This experience can only be good for him. 

WC 26 squad? Why not?

the squad is packed in his position unfortunately, would take a few injuries

I thought he struggled a bit in patches but I put it down to playing in front of Digne who had a particularly bad game. I thought he was either too deep covering Digne or not compact enough with McGinn or Luiz in the midfield. I like to see him through operating through the middle rather than wide like he did against Arsenal.   

16 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

oddly i thought he struggled. A few moments in the attacking third but think either his fitness or poor defensive capabilities held us back.

Id have replaced him a lot sooner.

He wasn't amazing but he was the best of a bad bunch.

Him and Watkins were the only players I thought were anywhere near good enough. Everyone else was shit

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah he was my MOTM. Not that it was a particularly high bar

Not for me either tbh - however you are right, the bar was very low 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He wasn't amazing but he was the best of a bad bunch.

Him and Watkins were the only players I thought were anywhere near good enough. Everyone else was shit

It’s funny how we see things differently - goal aside, I don’t think Olly played well either ?

Â