Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

It’s funny how we see things differently - goal aside, I don’t think Olly played well either ?

I said he was one of two players who were "anywhere near good enough"

I didn't say he played well.

I feel the defensive side of his game is the only real weakness other than sometimes holding on to the ball too long. On the left this can be targeted. So I'd prefer to see him behind Ollie where the if he gets caught out defensively he isn't exposing our left back or trying to cover for the left back. As both our lefts backs aren't the best defensively.

31 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I feel the defensive side of his game is the only real weakness other than sometimes holding on to the ball too long. On the left this can be targeted. So I'd prefer to see him behind Ollie where the if he gets caught out defensively he isn't exposing our left back or trying to cover for the left back. As both our lefts backs aren't the best defensively.

I'm pretty sure Emery will drill the defensive side into him. That's probably the easiest part to teach if you already have the other attributes for your role anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I'm pretty sure Emery will drill the defensive side into him. That's probably the easiest part to teach if you already have the other attributes for your role anyway.

But I also think that no 10 second striker is his best position. 

On 02/05/2024 at 11:11, Made In Aston said:

Last year Moreno and now Rogers. Another product of Monchi's January transfer masterclass.

Monchi was particularly clever in getting Moreno in six months before he joined the club.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Monchi was particularly clever in getting Moreno in six months before he joined the club.

Agent Monchi.

• Like 1

I may have said last night (I'd had a beer or too, don't judge)...

Regardless of money spent, reputation, previous career history, current performances........

Rogers or Diaby?

Rogers is the signing of the season. 

• Like 1

He can be extremely wasteful in possession when he tries to barrel through a tackle and passes badly but thats the nature of the beast. He is like Buendia in that regard. The trade off is worth it though big time. You get a player who takes up brilliant positions in attacking areas, has finesse in abundance, and can finish with both feet with power and accuracy. You then add the breaking the lines passing and rrunning and you get a kid with a huge future for us. He isnt for everyone though but perfect for us and our system.

6 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I may have said last night (I'd had a beer or too, don't judge)...

Regardless of money spent, reputation, previous career history, current performances........

Rogers or Diaby?

Rogers is the signing of the season. 

Rogers is miles better than Diaby at nearly every aspect of the game.

And that isn’t a good thing. Diaby cost us a shit load. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Is there any other option than Morgan for young player of the year? Thinking about this last night and I couldn't come up with one. Perhaps says more about Ramseys injuries and the 'aging' squad we have thanks to relegation avoiding squad building and Gerrard in recent past.....and Rogers has been great don't get me wrong....but i think he gets it almost through default. And he's only been here for a third of the season. 

Any other shouts? 

13 minutes ago, tommytenjobs said:

Is there any other option than Morgan for young player of the year? Thinking about this last night and I couldn't come up with one. Perhaps says more about Ramseys injuries and the 'aging' squad we have thanks to relegation avoiding squad building and Gerrard in recent past.....and Rogers has been great don't get me wrong....but i think he gets it almost through default. And he's only been here for a third of the season. 

Any other shouts? 

The closest one is probably Duran, and he's miles away 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WooJung said:

The closest one is probably Duran, and he's miles away 

Yeah agreed. I thought that....and agree....he's nowhere near Rogers. 

2 hours ago, tommytenjobs said:

Any other shouts?

Do we even have our own Young Player of the Year award?

8 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He can be extremely wasteful in possession when he tries to barrel through a tackle and passes badly but thats the nature of the beast. He is like Buendia in that regard. The trade off is worth it though big time. You get a player who takes up brilliant positions in attacking areas, has finesse in abundance, and can finish with both feet with power and accuracy. You then add the breaking the lines passing and rrunning and you get a kid with a huge future for us. He isnt for everyone though but perfect for us and our system.

If he can overcome that weakness in his game we'll have to start comparing him to Zidane! 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Couldn’t watch the game but seen he was subbed off after 25 mins.

how bad was it? 

is he likely to miss the remainder of the season?

Looked like a hamstring injury, I'd be surprised to see him again.

• Thanks 1

Â