Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

16 hours ago, MaVilla said:

no idea why this mime guy is the only place i can find Rogers interview....but here it is.

Good interview i thought.

This is like a fever dream. Something you'd show to someone who's really high if you were being a dick.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Exactly. No one was showing any interest in Rogers prior to our bid. Even Boro fans were commenting that they pulled our pants down with a £15m offer. Its only since he came to villa that he is showing what he can do.

Well clearly he must have shown something before, hence why we signed him.

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I’d love to know what that something was… what ever it was, it was overlooked by so many 

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d love to know what that something was… what ever it was, it was overlooked by so many 

Intelligence, technique, ability in tight spaces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Always gonna happen, I couldn't believe we got him so cheaply but depends what their situation was I guess.

Clear example of if Unai wants a player, he is going to be great for us… we should not question or doubt anything the man does for us… he is… amazing…

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Its similar to Martinez. Emi was not high on up on the list of targets based on his stats, but clearly he had ability. It was only when the'eye test' was used Emi became a top target. Rogers's stats were not exceptional but unai saw his potential. Most clubs prioritise stats to focus their search, so Rogers (and Emi) would not be high up on clubs radars.

• Like 2

On 14/04/2024 at 19:49, Delphinho123 said:

Can I just say as well, there is so much talent to be had in the Championship. You look at some of the high performers in the league in certain positions and there are a fair few who have spent time in the Championship.

Eze, Bowen, Maddison, Gibbs-White, Olise, Grealish…

Rogers, Konsa, Watkins…

I don’t think we should exclusively shop there, of course not, but my god, you can pick up some fantastic talent with proper scouting in that league. 

I agree....some of them just need that chance.

All those have good feet, you do need good ball control, to step up.

it's certainly an area, I'm sure we are aware of.

I wonder if we were ever interested in Hayden Hackney and we'll go back in for him to replace Denconcker and boost our Homegrown quota again?

Or,whether (maybe giving them more credit than due) the journo's figured out we were interested in a Boro player, assumed Hackney and they ran with it but we were only ever interested in Rogers

35 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Its similar to Martinez. Emi was not high on up on the list of targets based on his stats, but clearly he had ability. It was only when the'eye test' was used Emi became a top target. Rogers's stats were not exceptional but unai saw his potential. Most clubs prioritise stats to focus their search, so Rogers (and Emi) would not be high up on clubs radars.

I think it was Neil Cutler, who spotted Emi's potential....and Dean Smith ran with it.

Smart move that.

Not sure who was instrumental in Morgans Move....but some Coup.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I thought at the time, something was in this signing, how we kept going back in.

The persistence, did suggest to me, Unai saw something in Morgan.

Well, it's certainly showing to us, he clearly did see something in him.

shrewd.

Signing him might have had a fair bit to do with Mark Harrison, who we nicked from heading up West Brom's academy, where Rodgers spent 9 years before going to Man City. 

He most likely knew all about him. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, birdman said:

That's fair. I applaud you for giving him some credit something I struggle with 😆

Lucky he didn't credit Klopp for being in the same country that Rogers grew up in. 

• Haha 2

Next year Morgan is gonna be Grealish level, i'm telling you. Him and Ollie are like, in a tree, or something (i've forgotten how the rhyme goes tbh). 

13 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Next year Morgan is gonna be Grealish level, i'm telling you. Him and Ollie are like, in a tree, or something (i've forgotten how the rhyme goes tbh). 

Slightly aroused by Morgans potential ngl 🤣

• Like 1

His first couple of games I thought he might take a very long time to adapt to the pace and possibly struggle with the step up. I was wrong by a long way, I think he's a gem and it might seem a little harsh but I struggle to see Ramsey getting back into the side if Rodgers keeps improving at the rate he is. IMO he's got a seriously high ceiling having the size and strength that Jacob lacks and his passing range also appears more decisive. It's early days but he's looking like some player

Â