Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

If true, given Ramsey's horrendous year of injuries, that will turn out to be a poor strategic decision, 

We won't sell below Ramsey's worth and we won't get Ramsey's worth after this washout season. 

Bloody hell mate.

Well at least we have a more than adequate replacement for the injured Ramsey currently in the team and on a cheap fee.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Bloody hell mate.

Well at least we have a more than adequate replacement for the injured Ramsey currently in the team and on a cheap fee.

I'm not sure what you've taken offense with what I said?

Done better than I was expecting. Impressive. 

Still very raw in places and can look very good one minute and then a minute later lose the ball or misplace a pass, but the potential is definitely there. Very well taken goal, just a shame we shipped 3 poor goals shortly after because he should be celebrating his first goal with a win.

• Like 1

Shame he can't celebrate his goal with a win, especially as it was such a good goal and even more frustratingly it looked like the goal which set the game.

• Like 1

That was a great goal in the front of the Holte End, bright spring sunshine and two nil up. And then we ballsed it up a bit. Sigh.

Reminds when McGinn scored I think his first goal at Villa v Wednesday with a screamer, only for us to lose the game.

Great goal today and a bit more work off the ball than before, certainly in the first half.

At the moment he’s looking like a good player with some great moments. If Unai can get him to have an influence on the game throughout (the way Ramsey does), and not just in those moments, he’s going to be unstoppable / unplayable, and potentially a great player. Still early days, but he’s been a good addition to the squad even at this stage.

• Like 1

Looks like he'll be a really good player, he beats opponents with ease with the ball, can also compete physically but then best of all for a 21 year old has a decent end product too, When we signed him not many people got it, even Boro fans were surprised, but seems like we've unearthed a gem with this lad

11 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Looks like he'll be a really good player, he beats opponents with ease with the ball, can also compete physically but then best of all for a 21 year old has a decent end product too, When we signed him not many people got it, even Boro fans were surprised, but seems like we've unearthed a gem with this lad

We haven't plucked him from the obscurities of Biggleswade Town. He was literally on the books of Man City 12 months ago.

One helluva signing for what 8m initially, rising to 15m? A steal I’d say when you look at similar players in the England U21 camp and across the league.

A rough diamond that should polish into something quite exciting next season and beyond.

A fantastic spot by Emery.

• Like 1

He is as much of a threat as JJ already . Picks up great positions. And has  elite skill level where he isnt easy to read. Can go both ways and shoot with both feet equally well.  The football brain is well and truly there. Not everything comes off though and needs lots of work on the defensive side . But he is already a key member of our squad due to his threat. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Changed your mind yet @jim

See my post in the match thread

Impressed with how much he has developed in such a short period of time but key is consistency. Let’s see if he maintains this level to the end of the season and then hopefully he can duke it out with Ramsey and Buendia for that role next season.

Â