Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Looked decent tonight, though Ajax nowadays perhaps more of a championship type opposition he is used to? Interesting to see him play more in a central role behind Watkins. Did a few decent through balls and I thought the yellow was harsh. A good learning experience for him.

He was promising again last night. He oozes class on the ball. His technique and vision are very good but he desperately needs to learn how to tackle!

You can see why we signed him though. He has lots of potential.

• Like 1

I thought he was pretty good considering he's new to this level, and hasn't even played one and a half games for us, so before last night he hadn't even played a full games worth of football, but he's not looking out of place, was his play that lead to the corner for Watkins goal, he also played a good through ball to Diaby that lead to a good Bailey chance, and wasn't too far away from getting a goal himself from distance, in a very short amount of game time already he could have had three or four goals, on a couple of occassions he could have done better, others he's been unlucky

I think is a potential player here but wont see best of him until at least second half of next season. He has to learn the Unai way

Edited by Zatman

Looked OK but needs to be careful with his yellow cards, he was on a yellow and stuck a challenge in that could easily have got him sent off. That's why he was brought off. Good going forward though.

Similar to Luton away first half saw glimpses of what he will bring to the team but really needs to be smarter with his tackles. Cost himself some more minutes in the second half as he could have be booked twice already.

He will learn I'm sure. 

He seemed quiet, and didn’t get stuck in too much, maybe the early yellow blunted him a little. I think he was solid if not spectacular, and is probably still adjusting to the Emeryball level of instruction and coaching.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

He was promising again last night. He oozes class on the ball. His technique and vision are very good but he desperately needs to learn how to tackle!

You can see why we signed him though. He has lots of potential.

Yeah, I agree, and at the same time, you can see why he cost what he did rather than 20m+ - there's some development required. That can actually be very good though as we'll be shaping him as a footballer to play in our system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Looked OK but needs to be careful with his yellow cards, he was on a yellow and stuck a challenge in that could easily have got him sent off. That's why he was brought off. Good going forward though.

Yeah, similar to last time, I think his yellow was very harsh, but he doesn't seem to take the caution as a reason to moderate his tackles

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Classy player. Right up my street.

This. His movement is excellent and he can without doubt carry the ball / pick a pass.

Rough diamond of course, but, we could be looking back at him being an absolute bargain in three years.

• Like 1

Just now, Don_Simon said:

This. His movement is excellent and he can without doubt carry the ball / pick a pass.

Rough diamond of course, but, we could be looking back at him being an absolute bargain in three years.

Exactly it’s a case of looking at the potential rather than expecting a finished article it’s easy to see why we signed him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

He seemed quiet, and didn’t get stuck in too much, maybe the early yellow blunted him a little. I think he was solid if not spectacular, and is probably still adjusting to the Emeryball level of instruction and coaching.

Eh, I was certain he was about to get sent off!!! He kept going in for robust challenges!

2 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

So did I

he was OK if you class him as a development player, the shot he took through got so much pace and power with almost no backlift,....... its a good sign

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think is a potential player here but wont see best of him until at least second half of next season. He has to learn the Unai way

I think that like our other attacking players he will benefit from  working with Rodri. Watkins and Bailey have both namechecked him. If he can improve him  by the same level as those 2 then he will be scary

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought he looked poor to be honest. 

He's a bit rough and ready - whether there is a player in there, we'll have to find out.

He's only 21 and so he's still learning.

At the same age Ollie was still playing for Exeter.

• Like 1

Â