Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

Just now, TreeVillan said:

Lol not sure how the ref is getting grief here. It's not like he ruled the goal off, which was the correct decision anyways. 

They should have been booked a couple of times, given some really soft fouls for them. Looks a bit like he's struggling to me.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You say this absolutely every single game.  Every single one.  It's your main commentary on here :D 

If they all weren’t diabolical then I wouldn’t need to say it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Commentators think we've dominated... And alot on here saying we've been shite.

Probably somewhere in between really 

I think we've been fine after the first 10 minutes.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not sold on any corruption or conspiracy really against any club. The standard of refereeing is poor and VAR shouldn’t be a part of football full stop. Certainly not in its current guise. It really is that simple. I don’t know a single person that likes VAR.

If it wasn’t so utterly bizarre and laughable it would be really sad. And that’s being kind. It’s destroyed the PL in the last 2/3 years. 

It’ll take much more than ditching VAR. No one wants to referee anymore because of the culture of abuse, dissent and cheating. Failure by the FA to properly deal with that has killed officiating. 

• Like 1

Just now, romavillan said:

I don't go in for conspiracy theories but this ref is not very good.

Things I think the ref has done wrong - Watkins booking (shouldn't have been), McGinn probably should've been booked and whichever Everton player fouled Diaby should've been booked.  That's been it.  The Carlos foul is soft, but he has two hands on the Everton player so I can see why it was given.  The goal being disallowed by VAR was correct.

There's been barely anything.  We just come on here to rile ourselves up over a referee, for whatever reason.

• Like 2