Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

Emi is making massive saves what seems like every game thesedays.

We controlled it for the most part. Getting tired of players wanting to shield the ball and waiting to get dispossessed rather than laying it off quickly. Its constant today. Watkins has been busy, need a lot more from Leon. Id love a 0-1 here.

• Like 1

Fairly even first half overall.

Bit concerned that Carlos tried to play offside in their half for the DCL chance!

If we can get the first goal then should take at least a point.

Would like to see a bit more from Diaby and more controlled possession from McGinn. UTV!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I think Tielemans for Diaby to over run the midfield might win this game. 

Yes that’s a good shout. We dominated from 15 mins except for a few bits of chaotic defending (Lenglet and Carlos is my least favourite CB partnership), but another body in midfield would help.

Feel bad for Diaby but he’s mostly anonymous again and I’d rather Bailey had more space. Shift SJM back to the right and put these cloggers to the sword. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Best player from the first half? Martinez? Moreno?

Emi for that double save, saved our skin…

Moreno is getting better, such an exciting player…

What a great strike for the disallowed goal 

-

Youri to come on and make us more potent in attack?

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not sold on any corruption or conspiracy really against any club. The standard of refereeing is poor and VAR shouldn’t be a part of football full stop. Certainly not in its current guise. It really is that simple. I don’t know a single person that likes VAR.

If it wasn’t so utterly bizarre and laughable it would be really sad. And that’s being kind. It’s destroyed the PL in the last 2/3 years. 

VAR is fine.

It's operated by PL refs. 

There's your problem.

The worst of the worst.

Good sunday league refs are better. Ones that have a brain.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bit of a frustrating half. Played well in parts controlling the game but final.ball gone amiss. Unlucky that moreno goal not given but Dcl missed the best chance of the half. 

The longer Pau is out, the more I appreciate his ability to pass through the press, I really didn't recognise how integral he is to the way we play.

Mings is probably our second best at it, Carlos and Lenglet just don't have it.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Every ref is against Villa and every pundit and media outlet is against Villa.

It's hilarious.

Would love to see the minutes of the meeting for PGMOL and the FA where they all decided to conspire against Villa for bantz. It’s amazing it hasn’t been leaked by anyone and absolutely everyone was on board with the project. 

Everton are good at holding on to your shirt, then falling over and getting the foul.  The ref is a gormless Wallace and Gromit character and falls for it but hasn't been as diabolical as some refs.  The VAR took way too long.  Kamara been our best outfield player and Emi saved us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

VAR is fine.

It's operated by PL refs. 

There's your problem.

The worst of the worst.

Good sunday league refs are better. Ones that have a brain.

This is where all of the issue lies. Right there. No one wants to referee anymore. I can tell you first hand that the local game absolutely cannot recruit or retain refs anymore. It’s never been easier to get up to the PL.