Pre Match Thread

boro also have a league cup semi final the week after this game. Between trying to get themselves up into the play off spots after a horror start and enjoying a semi, (kenneth)  whilst having some players off, I would be amazed if we didn't win this one comfortably. Setting myself up for disappointment, but this is one game I'm going to predict a fairly ordinary bu comfortable 2-0 win for us using plenty of back ups

Edited by Rodders

9 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

We better be taking this as seriously as any PL fixture right now. I think it's going to be a nervy affair. We need to destroy Boro, get way ahead, and let them drag their bloody guts across the pitch 

Isn't that the prep for a parmo?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We should play finn aza.....oh wait!

Odds on him scoring the winner? 😭😭😭

hopefully they won’t be able to play him Saturday because it would be Sod’s Law he’d score!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

hopefully they won’t be able to play him Saturday.

I'd be quite surprised if they did.

Edit: Oop! Less surprised now, just caught up on the Azaz thread :)

• Haha 2

Managed to just grab a ticket for Everton away of the OS just now aswell and am going to middlesbrough to so i dont mind if they play a weakened team this saturday, i do think we should put 2/3 senior pros in though so we're not too complacent. Perfect for Zaniolo and Diaby to play and give ramsey some more minutes as he is lacking sharpness atm. Also Jhon Jhader should start and play as much of the game as possible

• Like 1

On 30/12/2023 at 20:59, theboyangel said:

Didn’t realise but we’re the evening kick off on BBC1 

(they’re clearly hoping for a cup upset 😬)

It's win-win for the Beeb: we always lose in the third round so they're almost certain to get an upset, and if somehow we don't we'll probably win playing entertaining football and scoring goals. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tom13 said:

BBC Scotland only.

It was still on the BBC. Anybody with iPlayer could watch it, whether you were in Edinburgh or Birmingham. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

You can kinda understand it given our recent record in the FA cup. 

image.thumb.png.0a0550150e63faa5bfffbdc3f4f8973b.png

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aston-villa/pokalhistorie/verein/405

That's pretty abysmal... Ok we had Manure and Liverpoo, but Peterborough, Stevenage ties we should be winning in all honesty. 

Don't think we will get past Middlesbrough ,  getting top 4 is our priority now so we need to rest players, so its gonna be a 2nd string side.

Would love to see us win the FA cup but our squad isn't good enough to fight on securing top 4, progressing in Europe and the FA cup

• Like 1

I see Sutton has said "I think they (Boro) can cause the upset this time if Unai Emery makes as many changes as I expect". Bring back Lawro BBC, I think you have to be anti-Villa to do these predictions.  

On 03/01/2024 at 04:50, TheAuthority said:

Wonder what kit we'll wear? 

Their home colors are red shirt red shorts. So we could wear the 3rd kit or go all white...

3772389-76737709-640-480.jpg

:wub:

Would be too sexy for pre-watershed BBC I'm afraid.

• Haha 1