Pre Match Thread

Tim to get minutes for Kamara hopefully. Diaby for McGinn and Zaniolo for Bailey. So our best to keep Watkins and Luiz on the bench. If cruising get Marshall on for Martinez. Glad to see us taking this seriously. Thought he may have played Carlos over Konsa (our best defender). No Pau in the squad - hopefully just getting him ready for next week. Chambers…?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Games like this can go south and unsettle everything. We need to win it to keep up the momentum and confidence levels.

Yes. If anything, understated. How many Stevenage/Everton cup upsets before we learn our lesson.   Newcastle went full on today, and advanced. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I don't think I'd be shocked if Boro got the win here. I think our focus should be on the Premier League and Europa games. 

It should, but no reason not to go for the win here. A winning mentality goes a long way. Don't think Citeh ever think "well it's just the FA cup".

I appreciate the FA Cup isn't as illustrious a competition anymore, but we've not won it for 67 years. We also haven't actually won an FA Cup game in nearly 9 years. It'd be good to win in this competition again even if we can't pick up the trophy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

You just know he'll be on the back seat. 

Tying Emery to his chair and putting a bin on his head if he doesn't start.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Boro far stronger than what their fans expected as well. Hopefully a good game 

They will go strong tonight so they can rest them against Chelsea on Tuesday :D

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I appreciate the FA Cup isn't as illustrious a competition anymore, but we've not won it for 67 years. We also haven't actually won an FA Cup game in nearly 9 years. It'd be good to win in this competition again even if we can't pick up the trophy.

I think the away fans may go mental if we win