Pre Match Thread

Boro have been up and down in the league this season. However they're certainly the sort of team who could upset us if we mix and match and aren't fully on it.

That said they have the league cup SF v Chelsea the next week so they'll probably make as many if not more changes than us.

Do replays still exist in this round or does it get settled on the night?

I'll go for a 1-2 win.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It is priority number 3 for us but I never want to see Villa lose a match. Emery will make a few chances but so will probably Boro as they have a league cup semi final coming up as well.

I think I would also put it as the third priority. But I know others won’t view it like that which is fair enough.

I don’t think Emery or the team would quite characterise it as the lower priority, but I am expecting a bit of shake up of the team to rest a few players.

As you say, Boro will have the league cup semi final a few days later, they’re currently three points away from a play off position so they probably have an eye on that too…it’s quite likely that Boro will view this as the third priority.

2 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

History only shows the winners of proper cups

We don’t know what those ‘proper cups’ will be in history tbf. I’m very proud of our League Cup wins, others have dismissed it as a competition throughout its history. I’d love to see an FA Cup win and don’t think we should just be junking the competition but it’s fairly apparent many need a rest next week. 

• Like 1

Give the first team players a complete break from training and insist they go on a warm weather holiday with their loved ones. Keep the squaddies and kids behind for this game. 

Olsen

cash.  Carlos lenglet chambers (?) 
                     Kamara   
                    Donks Tim 

Traore    Zaniolo 

Duran 

• Like 1

Absolutely don't want to throw this game like some are suggesting. We haven't won a cup since 1996 and this is a very real chance for us to do just that.

There are some players in the squad that need a long rest, that's fine rest them. Others need game time to get them back up to speed, Pau, Moreno, Ramsey, Diaby. Realistically the players have 7 days now, with 3 days off. They then have 8 days until the game after; a rest has come for them all regardless of this game. After the Everton game they all have a two week rest.

Martinez

Cash   Chambers   Pau   Moreno

Dendoncker Kamara

Diaby                      Ramsey

Duran     Watkins/Zaniolo