Pre Match Thread

We need to move on from our Christmas hiccups and start the new year with a refreshing win. Would like to see a good bit of rotation but a win would be nicer given our pathetic record in this competition recently.

I'd go:

Emi

Konsa   Diego Carlos   Lenglet/Pau  Moreno

Kamara             Iroegbunham

Zaniolo                Diaby                 Ramsey 

Duran     

A strong bench then.

• Like 1

any idea where Olsen is!??!

Also, a pity we cant avoid risking our only left back in Moreno tbh.

anyways.

Marschall

Cash - Chambers or Carlos - Lenglet - Moreno

Zaniolo - Dendoncker - Iroegbunam - Ramsey

O'Reilly - Duran

Perhaps we should ditch the fa cup this year. Our players are knackered and need a proper rest. The next 10 days would be ideal. We can then focus on our league position and enjoy a real go in Europe for the rest of the season. We really don’t need any more matches this season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wedge said:

Will never understand this. How do you 'ditch' a game? Just concede it and don't send a team to play? They're professional athletes, so glad they and Unai don't share this view.

We haven't won a trophy since 1996.

‘Just concede it and don’t send a team to play’ What a ridiculous comment. You put out a team that allows the knackered players to rest and don’t go into a massive meltdown on here if we don’t win. Thanks for the info about our last trophy win didn’t know that.

• Sad 1

Just now, smg said:

‘Just concede it and don’t send a team to play’ What a ridiculous comment. You put out a team that allows the knackered players to rest and don’t go into a massive meltdown on here if we don’t win. Thanks for the info about our last trophy win didn’t know that.

I was merely responding to your comment and asking how a team 'ditches' a competition as you suggested we do. Thanks for elaborating and also for the petty sarcasm.

Yeah one of the very few years I'd be fine bowing out of the FA Cup early doors. But you just know our route would be very winnable the year we don't care.

Emi

Cash Carlos Lenglet Moreno

Kamara Iroegbunam

Zaniolo.                    Ramsey

Diaby   Duran

Marschall/Olsen

Chambers             Pau/Lenglet

Cash                                                        Moreno

Dendoncker   Kamara

Ramsey

Zaniolo                Duran              Diaby

Edited by wedge
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Am I the only one not to bothered by this. I think we have enough to do with the European conference and league position to concetrate on.

Yes. History only shows the winners of proper cups. Also, it's too (bothered) and also concentrate.