• Moreno (Digne 49)
    • Diaby (Ramsey 77)
    • Zaniolo (Bailey 77)
    • Durán (McGinn 86)
    • Iroegbunam (Dendocker 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/12/23 at 23:59

Complete embarassment. We just completely stopped playing at 0-2 and let them do what they wanted. That’s when you leave a mark on someone and send a message. 

This was the Villa I know. Need to turn it around again asap if we want top 4. 

• Like 2

Think this game further shows that if you scratch under the first 11, our squad still needs improvement. 

I feel a bit torn about an aspect of this game. At 2-0 up, would it not have been better to drop back 20 yards and try and hit them on the break with the pace of Ollie, Diaby and Bailey? We were so open in the middle of the pitch today it just felt a little..... naive? 

• Like 4

Think Unai threw that away by not seeing the issues after the 2nd goal and waiting until it was too late to make a change.

Don't think he made the right changes.  Tim should have been the 1st change to sure up the midfield.

Big January window needed if we are serious about top 4.

I think it's clear Zaniolo is not cut out for this league.  Lacks work ethic.

Truth is we've lucked it against Spurs, Bournemouth, Brentford, you'd could say Arsenal as well. I thought alot of it was in-game management but okay I hold my hands up and say knackered players who aren't used to the extra games. Today was poor management as well. Sorry Unai, you got it wrong at half time.

Nothing but a convincing win against Burnley or questions will be asked if the physical and mental strength of this group. And manager.

The media will love this. Well done for ruining Christmas Villa. Don't ruin new year and do your jobs against Burnley!?

• Like 1

You know what has happened - we have run out of luck. There have been plenty of games recently where we haven't played well and nicked points, well today has been the opposite. We played well in the first half and we're shit in the second half, deserving to lose. Well played Manchester United. The commentators couldn't be happier. 

• Like 2

No shame in losing to United away from home but that feels like much more than a loss. It looked much more than a loss. I remember when we lost the lead against Leicester in the year we went down - very similar to tonight - and that killed us.

We’re better now but we’re down to the bare bones and players like McGinn, Watkins and Luiz have been poor in the last 3 or so games. They’re not poor players but a few injuries and the team looks thin on quality. 

We’re not good enough to get anywhere near the title, not yet at least, but we can still challenge for top 4/6 and we probably will. 

Like I say, more worried about the performance than the result. It really was so, so poor. 

• Like 3

Â