• Moreno (Digne 49)
    • Diaby (Ramsey 77)
    • Zaniolo (Bailey 77)
    • Durán (McGinn 86)
    • Iroegbunam (Dendocker 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/12/23 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, CanuckVillan said:

I'd have taken a genuine challenge for a Top 6 place at the start of the season.  

Yup. Season is still well on track to surpass my expectations, but still, what a shitter of a night.

• Like 2

Christ… I haven’t felt this angry for a while. Atrocious performance, and made them look way better than they are. To bottle a 2 goal lead the way we did is **** shameful. 
How the **** can you expect to be in within the big boys if you can’t see games out like this? We had them on strings for **** sake, they were literally get booed off at half time. 

Someone else said it but it’s the hope that kills you. 

**** off Villa and thanks for ruining an otherwise pleasant Boxing Day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Missed Kamara and Pau. While some good moments from Carlos and Lenglet showed why they are not the starters.

Luiz and Watkins anonymous, Mcginn and Konsa look knackered.

Ramsey, Diaby and Zaniolo need a kick up the arse. 

Digne injured.

Great game 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

Nice to see the old Villa back. Was a great run, some wonderful times. Burnley getting at least a draw next game. Not a chance in hell to get a CL place, must prioritize conference league when it starts back up

I will keep it short, then I'm going to play golf so the dreamers can attack my post all they like.

Unai's management of the last two matches has been odd, and it's cost us two results.

Luiz was so incredibly poor today I'm in disbelief.

Watkins was poor (yes I said it)

The only players that can hold their heads up are our "terrible" squad players that too many on here attack.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

4 minutes ago, jayEm said:

The 'cracks' were the losses of Kamara, Pau, Liz for a game, surely? We were astonishingly good against City, and put in a strong performance against Arsenal, that isn't papering over

Who the hell is Liz? 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

I knew we would lose the game the second they scored their first goal. 

Seemed to me like we tried to just ride the game out at 2-0 to conserve some energy for the games coming up.

You just cannot get away with that at this level despite how bad you think United are, they are still a top half side.

I'm not upset, I'm angry. I'm seething. Because this was completely avoidable if the players mindset was switched on.

Especially Old Trafford. You have to be on it for 90 minutes and more as their crowd, on Boxing Dayz will demand a performance.

I trust the manager but he massively got it wrong at 2 up. Hugely. And so did the players. For side that is good at handling a team pressing them we panicked, and got overrun hugely.

My old Villa is back!

Unai very poor, Carlos horrid, Konsa getting turned over all the time, Moreno rubbish, Luiz horrible, McGinn terrible, Bailey and Watkins non-existent.

We're starting to move downwards in the table, it's inevitable. Our performances have dropped significantly.

Â